Thread: Gorgeous Great Gatsby!

Gorgeous Great Gatsby!

Dearest Gatsby, what a handsome fellow you are! You are such a good-looking Tuxedo guy, with that luxurious fluffy fur that looks so soft and that sweet face with the long, LOOOOONG white whiskers and eyebrows and the lovely big eyes. You are stunning in those great photos. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Independence, MO to pet you, and pet your kitty buddy Lil' Dickens and your doggie pals too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You make your dear Purrrsons smile with your antics. You like to make a trail of socks from the laundry or cat room to the bedroom. You watch with fascination when water is poured into the dogs' bowl. You and Lil' Dickens became instant friends when he arrived, and we hope you and Jethro the dog will become good friends before long, too. You have the sweetest, happiest disposition, and you and your family members (all species) all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling Gatsby, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Gatsby!

I absolutely do NOT think it odd to get another pet immediately after one passes. We have always done that. You never forget the pet that passed but having a new one around certainly takes your mind off your grief. It works for us.

Hello, gorgeous Gatsby! What a distinguished gentleman you are in your tuxedo! You look very nice with your l-o-n-g white whiskers and your white gloved paws! Your fur looks so fluffy and soft!

What a shame that you were left behind when someone moved. The doctor helped you regain your health, and you went to your forever home! Now you are quite busy- supervising your person when the dogs' water bowl is filled (splash!), moving clean laundry around, and occasionally sitting with your person, providing your special company! PURR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear handsome Gatsby!

P.S. to Lut- Gatsby reminds me of your beautiful Zazou
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 07-07-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What lovely white whiskers!

Blog Entries
    Gatsby is so wonderful, what a looker! Beautiful cat, so happy he is COTD! We always get a new cat right after one passes. The pain and emptiness is too great otherwise and you are so right, so many homeless pets don't need to wait!! Huge amounts of love to Great Gatsby!

Gorgeous Gatsby!

Hi Gatsby! Happy Cat of the Day, beautiful boy!

After a long, rainy day, seeing your gorgeous, hunky, Tuxie self up on my screen, reading your heartwarming backstory, was just what the doctor ordered! You truly are stunning (that coat), and while your age may remain a mystery, you look more like 5 than 10 pluw years old to me!

It sickens me to the core, the thought that a so-called family could abandon you so heartlessly, leaving you behind to fend for youself. Thank goodness you were found, finding your way to a truly deserving forever family, and the rest is happy history! What a treasure your family has in you, Gatsby! And as others have said, there is NEVER a "right" time to welcome another into our home and hearts after the passing of a beloved furkid. We all grieve in our own way, heal on our own time. The important thing is your family opened up their home and hearts to one much deserving kitty, and I have no doubt that is making your beloved predecessor proud, so happy knowing his/her humans' hearts are healing, that another has been offered a 2nd chance at a happy life!

You're a treasure, Gatsby, beautiful body and soul, and so very deserving of your well earned day of honor! Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Hope you're enjoying a very specialday of celebration, being treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, gorgeous Gatsby, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to Lil' Dickens and Jethro, too!

Stunning!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Gatsby, what a handsome tuxedo man you are. You are so incredibly fluffy, and your whiskers are the longest ones I've ever seen.
    I will never understand how anybody could abandon their pet and leave them to die. You are one of the lucky ones to be rescued and to find your forever family.
    I'm glad that you have a kitty friend since you are not very fond of your doggie brother. You are also a very busy kitty with a laundry fetish.
    Gatsby, you are one fabulous feline, and you deserve a great celebration with your family. Maybe you can ask for a water fountain since you are fascinated by running water.

Congrats on being Cat of the Day, handsome Gatsby!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Gorgeous Great Gatsby!

Your so beautiful, and lucky to have someone with an open heart to adopt you after your new guardian lost her other pet. I had that experience many times. My latest was almost 2 years ago when i had to put my darling Beau to sleep because the cancer came back and there was nothing more we could do for him. In a few days I felt that I had a home and lots of love to give to a new cat. I looked at our shelters on line and saw a bonded pair. She was 7 years old and he was 17 years old. When i read that he was 17 I decided right then and there that he needed to be in a loving home with someone to look after him for as long as he had. Happy to say that they're both doing wonderfully and I feel good because I have enough love and a home to share with these magnificent beings. I'm so lucky. I think Beaus was nudging me to do this.

Glorious Gatsby

Gatsby, you are a very good-looking Tuxedo Longhair. I love your soft-looking fur, your long white whiskers, and your shiny eyes with big pupils. Your human doesn't know your age but you do! You look magnificent. You also love running water. That's amazing. Again, you are a very fantastic looking cat. I love your long fur and whiskers so much! I hope you and your amazing humans have long and happy years together! Sorry about the late comment, but you're a great cat. Congratulations, Glorious Gatsby, on being Cat of the Day!