Thread: Computer help

1. Computer help

I had a computer built for me just a month ago an have just now noticed it came with no Windows CD(the computer runs great an im having zero issues with it. so i didnt think of looking sooner) right now its running Windows 7 64 Home Premium.

if i have to reformat at any point in the future what do i do? can i go to Walmart an pick up a copy of Windows 10 an put it on as if thats what the computer originally came with? or will it do its own thing when i reformat an not need any Windows disc at all?

haaalp LOL

My last 2 computer buys did not come with a backup disc. SUPPOSEDLY the computer has a copy stored somewhere. I don't believe it, so I made my own backup discs - 2 sets, and I stored them in separate places, just in case 1 set got compromised.

Since you had the unit custom built, I would suggest you start by calling the builder and get their guidance on what to do and how to do it. They get this question all the time, they have info and offers. For instance, they may send you the set of discs for free or a small fee. They likely have a standard email they can send out to you, with step by step instructions, for your to make your own backups.

You already paid for a version of Windows. If you go to WalMart you are paying a second time, so that should be an option, but not your first option.

3. Thank you a friend of mine said his computer didnt come with the Windows disc either an that it does its own thing when he reformats his computer. but im like you an dont trust my computer to be like my friends an do its own thing unless the one who built my PC tells me otherwise.

when you made your backup discs how did you go about doing so?
    i was thinking about getting a couple of 32GB(or lager?) thumb drive an put my Windows System Image backup on there but dont know how to go about to make it bootable

Here is a link, I did a Google search on how to back up Windows 7. One of these should work for you:

https://www.google.com/webhp?ie=utf-...ckup+windows+7

5. Thanks again
    hopefully i can get a big enough thumb drive to put it on next LOL

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!