Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Willa

Willa

Last week, Willa had a little setback, with vomiting and watery diarrhea, despite her meds.
    I had her checked by her veterianarian, unfortunately Willa had lost almost half a pound, and now is barely 6 pounds.
    She got subcutaneous fluids and an anti-nausea injection, and I started anti-diarrhea meds.
    I asked her doctor, if I was being selfish and if it was time to let Willa go. She assured me it wasn't time yet.
    Willa is still eating, she's giving head bumpies and sloppy kisses. She's also cleaning herself and not missing the litterbox.
    Yesterday I ordered the chemo drug Chlorambucil to treat possible Lymphoma (no diagnosis, just a hunch by the veterinarian whom I trust completely). I should get them tomorrow.
    Hopefully they will make a difference.
    Name:  wilhse.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  47.0 KB

Sending along loads of love and prayers and warm healing energies for darling Willa.

{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I hope the meds help sweet Willa.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Sending along loads of love and prayers and warm healing energies for darling Willa.

{{{{HUGS}}}}} ... and
    From me, too!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    Praying Willa will heal too. Loving wishes sent.

Willa is in my thoughts and prayers!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Sending warm healing energies to Willa.

Prayers on the way!
    I've Been Frosted

Willa started the chemodrug Chlorambucil on June 23. She was doing well, eating, and her poop started firming up. Then, a couple of days ago, her appetite started decreasing again, despite the appetite stimulant. She keeps asking for food, but then she will take only a few bites.
    I'm afraid that it won't be long now when I have to make the decision we all dread so much. I just wish this wouldn't make me feel so guilty, even though it is a kindest thing we can do to end pain and suffering.
    Other than the appetite, Willa still acts like herself, she's alert, giving headbumpies, even following a kitty game on our tablet.
    I will take her to work tomorrow to weigh her and to get some advice from her veterinarian.
    Please send some healing thoughts.

Warm healing thoughts and energies and prayers and loving good wishes are being sent to dearest Willa and to you all, Heidi.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Wishing you and Willa both kind and healing thoughts.

Shortly, after my post, I had a thought: What if Willa's symptoms are side effects of Chlorambucil?
    I did some research, and I found that many people had seen the same symptoms in their cats.
    I texted the vet to ask if I could dose Willa every three or four days instead of every other. She said sure.
    I will try that. I guess it comes down to either Willa being miserable from abdominal issues or the drug.
    Neither one is a great choice. I will watch her closely to make sure she's not suffering.
    Thank you for all your well wishes.

Wishing Willa and you Heii best of luck. Hope decraesing the dosage will lessen the side effects.

Smart mom for thinking of side effects! I hope the reduced frequency of dose will help Willa.

Cole is on a different type of chemo drug, but it's every other day as well. He gets 1/2 pepcid morning and evening to help his tummy with the chemo.

Get better soon, Willa.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm glad to hear Willa is alert and giving headbumpies, but I hope she will perk up again, eat more and also drink enough

Most medication have side effects, but of course some are necessary. Have you got an answer about her diagnosis yet? In any case, it's good that you can decrease the dose.

Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.