Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Willa

I would like to ask everybody to send positive thoughts for Miss Willa. Since yesterday, her appetite has dropped to almost nothing, and whenever she eats a bite, she has diarrhea.
    I'm afraid that we might be getting to end of the road.

Will be praying
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

More prayers for sweet Willa and for you, Heidi.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

More positive thoughts and prayers for sweet Willa and you, Heidi.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Heidi - any news?

Right now, Willa is doing ok. She got her appetite back for now, and her poop is pretty good. Her CBC last week was ok, but she is still loosing weight.
    She and I settled on kitten food, so I hope that it will help with the weight.
    Thanks, Candace for asking.
    I did have a question about Transfer Factor Plus: How do you know that it is working?

purrayers on the way to dear Willa and you Heidi.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Right now, Willa is doing ok. She got her appetite back for now, and her poop is pretty good. Her CBC last week was ok, but she is still loosing weight.
    She and I settled on kitten food, so I hope that it will help with the weight.
    Thanks, Candace for asking.
    I did have a question about Transfer Factor Plus: How do you know that it is working?
    I don't KNOW that it is working. It had helped several PT cats, either extending their life span or removing the cancer completely.

After the tests earlier this year that confirmed Cole's mast cell cancer I knew it would be several weeks before we got going on surgery and treatment. (I had to apply for financing and funding as well.)

I decided to get the Transfer Factor Plus because I could at least start doing SOMETHING. Even if it didn't help Cole, it wouldn't hurt him either.

The first bloodwork result from the oncologist had her noting that there were some white blood cells present in reaction to the cancer. It was my thought that this must be a bit unusual since she actually told this to me.

But in the weeks before vet treatment started, Cole started needing less insulin for his diabetes. After he was on the chemo, the levels needed continued to drop. My local vet said that the lower levels showed that the treatment was working (chemo). But like I said, the levels needed started dropping after he'd been on the TF for a couple of weeks.

I provided a list of the ingredients to the oncologist and she had no concerns.

That's about all I can say.

I am glad to hear Willa is doing a little better.

Blog Entries
    Bless your hearts, most people would never even consider half of what you have done to extend the life of their cats. I would personally never do that. I am not really into prolonging a life when I am not quite sure I would want that done for me, animals can't tell you what they want. Clearly you know that, but going into financial debt and not really considering your own self... no.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Bless your hearts, most people would never even consider half of what you have done to extend the life of their cats. I would personally never do that. I am not really into prolonging a life when I am not quite sure I would want that done for me, animals can't tell you what they want. Clearly you know that, but going into financial debt and not really considering your own self... no.
    Everybody has a different threshold and everybody has to decide for themselves what's right for their pets.
    I know my cats very well. I know when they in pain or something else is wrong: vocalizing. not eating, not grooming, lethargy, hiding etc...
    Willa is keeping herself clean, she never misses the litterbox, she's affectionate and she still plays a little. I also work very closely with her veterinarian to make sure she's not suffering.
    And the money? I know what I can afford. And when I got my cats I knew there would be a lifelong financial and
    emotional commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by mbsmum View Post
    purrayers on the way to dear Willa and you Heidi.
    Thank you, Prathima. Willa is sending headbumpies.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a grant from ACTSS (Animal Cancer Treatment Subsidization Society) that was $2500 and another one-time fund a friend applied for on my behalf for a special assessment (which I had already paid) around $2600. Plus, Tails of Help granted me $500. I was able to pay for the surgery and major testing which included a bone marrow aspirate.

I am so very grateful for all this help - and I had a GoFundMe which brought in some dollars as well. I even took on a paper route covering summer holiday shifts!

Aside from projectile vomiting Cole was not noticeably ill. He was pulling tufts of fur from his abdomen which stopped after he had his spleen removed.

There should be a chapter of ACTSS in BC. Also there is financing through petcard.ca. Rate is %17 and you can pretty much set your own payment time up to 6 years.

Willa's health-rollercoaster is on top right now, eating and no diarrhea. Yesterday, I caught her resting comfortably (til mom woke her up for a photo op). I always thought that her little feet were sooo cute (nobody is allowed to touch them!).

Name:  wilfeet1.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  27.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Willa's health-rollercoaster is on top right now, eating and no diarrhea. Yesterday, I caught her resting comfortably (til mom woke her up for a photo op). I always thought that her little feet were sooo cute (nobody is allowed to touch them!).

Name:  wilfeet1.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  27.4 KB
    Those are the cutest little feet! And even you can't touch them?

I am glad to hear she is on top of things right now. Stay well, sweet Willa.

Dearest Willa, it's so good to hear how well you're doing! Do keep on keeping on! We are sending you all kinds of loving good wishes and prayers.

And you are adorable, with just the cutest little feetsies there!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery