Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of Gary (Catmandu)

Thinking of Gary (Catmandu)

One of the threads that got lost in the server outage was the one about Gary's (Catmandu) health. He had stopped posting several months ago and it turns out he had to go to the hospital. I don't have a new update to report; I just wanted to share that Karen had been passing along updates as she received them, so please PM or e-mail her. I have him on my mind because Father's Day is coming and he was such a caring pawpie to his kitties.

Thank you,
    Elyse (cassiesmom)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I, just yesterday got a message from Gary through his friend Dale. He has been ready the threads on Pet Talk, but could not remember his password now that he has a computer available again. So I was sent a signed piece of paper requesting a password change, and have done that. So he may being posting again soon.
    I've Been Frosted

I hope we get to hear from Gary soon. I always enjoyed reading his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I, just yesterday got a message from Gary through his friend Dale. He has been ready the threads on Pet Talk, but could not remember his password now that he has a computer available again. So I was sent a signed piece of paper requesting a password change, and have done that. So he may being posting again soon.
    That is GREAT news! Thanks, Karen!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What great news!!! Thank you Karen! I've so missed Gary's presence here on PT; such a kind and gentle, carng soul!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks for the good news, Karen. I hope Gary is feling better and coming back to post soon.

Does anyone know what happened to his kitties? Hope they are safe, too!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Thanks for the good news, Karen. I hope Gary is feling better and coming back to post soon.

Does anyone know what happened to his kitties? Hope they are safe, too!
    If I remember correctly, they all found homes. One of Gary's neighbours said he would take over one of the outdoor furbabies.

All but one have gotten good loving homes. Phil, the neighbor, is going to spread the word about Molly, the remaining one, needing a home. He did adopt one but can't take another because he has 3 cats now and one of his original cats is very upset about the new cat.

Molly has been boarding for free at The Pampered Feline, but Chris, the owner, may be closing down before long because of health problems so we need to find a home for Molly and she's a very timid, nervous cat.

I wish I could take her! But there is a strict 2-pet limit in my apartment complex, and I have two cats. They could (and would) evict me if I got caught with more.

Anyone reading this who might consider adopting Molly or know of someone who might? It would be so good to have all of Gary's cats in wonderful loving homes!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I know someone who lives near Hamilton and loves animals. She may well know of someone who would love Molly.

Do you know anything about her Pat? Is she a tabby? Approximate age?

I'll contact my friend on FB.

That's great, Candace! I'll find out.

Thank you!

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Here is info on Molly. She's beautiful!

Pat

--------->
    The vet estimated that Molly was born in 2010. She’s black and white, medium length hair and very, very timid. She’s spayed, all shots up to date and in good health. She eats Science Diet Sensitive Stomach dry food and a bit of canned food (she likes the cheap stuff, like Friskies, which is not very healthy, but she won’t eat the good stuff, so she only gets a bit).

---------------

I also got sent three pictures of her (she's gorgeous with fluffy black and white fur!), but I cannot get them to upload to PT here!
    Last edited by phesina; 06-19-2017 at 07:50 PM.
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Here is info on Molly. She's beautiful!

Pat

--------->
    The vet estimated that Molly was born in 2010. She’s black and white, medium length hair and very, very timid. She’s spayed, all shots up to date and in good health. She eats Science Diet Sensitive Stomach dry food and a bit of canned food (she likes the cheap stuff, like Friskies, which is not very healthy, but she won’t eat the good stuff, so she only gets a bit).

--------

I also got sent three pictures of her (she's gorgeous with fluffy black and white fur!), but I cannot get them to upload to PT here!
    Email the pictures to me, I will post them for you!
    I've Been Frosted

Molly's pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molly.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	59601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molly2.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	59602   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molly3.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	59603  
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks, Karen.
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Molly's pictures:
    She's beautiful!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~