Hello! Some of the folks who have been here a long time might remember me as Wolfchan and might remember that it has been a lifelong dream of mine to someday have a Bedlington Terrier. I work in a large animal shelter, and two weeks ago a Bedlington puppy came in as a stray! I thought for sure someone must be missing such a rare and lovely dog with such a nice personality and she would be reclaimed immediately. I was wrong, nobody ever came in for her.

Needless to say, I could not pass up the opportunity...it's NOT the right time for me to be getting a second dog, but I just...couldn't...help myself.

She has been home for six days now, and I'm exhausted! I forgot how relentless adolescent dogs are, and while she is low-key for a puppy, she's still 7 months old with a lot of energy to spare! Jasper is...not exactly thrilled with his new little sister, but he's coming around and will now lay on the couch next to her as long as she doesn't try to look at him or snuggle him.

Without further ado, my new baby!

Before grooming...basically a solid sheet of burrs on every surface.

I got to assist on her spay, and I shaved her afterward, here she is on the recovery bed.

And finally, home!