Thread: Unable to post pictures?

Unable to post pictures?

Trying to upload pictures of Smokey for his 7th birthday on here, but after clicking to upload each file in "Insert Image", nothing happens. I've even tried shrinking down the size of the pictures thinking that they might just be too big, but even then they don't load. Any suggestions?

What kind of files are they, jpg or tiff or gif. or ... can you try adding them to an album first?
    I've Been Frosted

Neither can I. Tried to add to one of my albums (a small sized .jpg), but nothing happened.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Karen, they're JPGs. Been able to upload before with no issues.

Okay, I will talk to tech support again tomorrow. In case they ask, what operating system and what browser are you using?

Chatanuga - this is all related to the hard drive catastrophe, in case you didn't see it - check http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=188257
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, that's what I was wondering. I tried Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge. I'm on Windows 10.

I'm using OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 and Safari.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Pictures can be attached as - er - attachments. I think the attachments are working? I'll try it here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sashko2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	951.9 KB 
ID:	59537

Er...nope! The photos in the Attachment box are blank - and, as you can see, stay that way...

It'll work out.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I just posted a picture, and I didn't have any problems.
    I have Windows 10 and Internet Explorer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xoli.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	607.8 KB 
ID:	59540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon01.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	355.2 KB 
ID:	59541  

It should work now for everyone. We had to adjust the packet allocation for the MYSQL database.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It should work now for everyone. We had to adjust the packet allocation for the MYSQL database.
    What she said!

Thanks, Karen!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to thank my cats for all they have taught me. It might sound weird and sappy but I have learned how to be quiet and still, to move slower and I have arthritis so that is huge. I hate making sudden movements and loud noises because it wakes them up. I hate waking the peaceful, sleeping angels up so I have found doing everything slower and quieter with more consideration has made me far more relaxed and calm. I think I am far more thoughtful and my joints are a lot happier. I really don't think I would have managed all of that without my little, adorable and very hairy little partners in crime. Besides, what is more relaxing than watching a cat sleep, yawn or stretch? Okay, sounds sappy. Don't care, it's true and you cat peeps get it. I love my cats!!

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Just wanted to thank my cats for all they have taught me. It might sound weird and sappy but I have learned how to be quiet and still, to move slower and I have arthritis so that is huge. I hate making sudden movements and loud noises because it wakes them up. I hate waking the peaceful, sleeping angels up so I have found doing everything slower and quieter with more consideration has made me far more relaxed and calm. I think I am far more thoughtful and my joints are a lot happier. I really don't think I would have managed all of that without my little, adorable and very hairy little partners in crime. Besides, what is more relaxing than watching a cat sleep, yawn or stretch? Okay, sounds sappy. Don't care, it's true and you cat peeps get it. I love my cats!!
    This is so true. Cats are wise little creatures, teaching us quietly, healing us with their mere presence.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    What a beautiful tribute you have written to your dear friends, mon! Thank you!

My cats and I feel just the same .

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Thanks! Had the best day here, out and about making memories. Always love to come home to our cats!!!