Thread: Beautiful Bel Cat

Beautiful Bel Cat

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Bel Cat!

What a pretty Calico girl you are! Your coat is so beautiful with that pattern on it, and you have such big round eyes. You also have the sweetest face!

It took a bit of investigating before you chose your new home, and what a great choice! I’m glad your “sister” Alice welcomed you, too. You have the freedom to come and go as you please, but being so friendly, you still visit the neighbours. How lucky your mom is to have a sweet kitty like you. I bet she is also happy for your help with her work.

Have fun today, explore the outside, but do be careful when you are out! Get pampered with love and share your favourite treats with Alice. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Bel Cat got her name because when we met she was wearing a bell, and I called her that, so when she adopted me, the name stuck. I was living in a small apartment building in Durango, CO at the time and she was the greeter. Anytime anyone opened their front door, she was there!

She started coming in the kitty window I had for my cat, which was unusual as most cats won't use a kitty door on their own. She would come in and just perch, as if to say, "Look, I won't be any trouble. " My cat Alice tolerated her. Then her people stopped letting her inside, so she just moved in with us, and when I moved, she came with.

I don't know why they would do this as she is the friendliest cat I have ever known. We have moved a lot and I always hear from neighbors that she comes and visits them. She likes making friends. Anyone who comes over, Bel thinks they are there to see her. We have been together for nine of her ten years.

She is a very sweet girl, who likes to be able to come and go as she pleases, so she enjoys having her own kitty window. She always stays close to home, but likes to be able to enjoy the out of doors. She isn't a big cuddler, but she likes to be near, often helping me out when I'm working. She comes out to greet me when I come home.
    Hello, beautiful Bel! What a lovely calico cat you are!

I smiled when I read about how you selected your forever home and your kitty sister Alice! You did your research and made your choice!

You are a busy girl, enjoying the outdoors and going to visit your neighbors! You stay close to your person, helping with work. You greet each visitor who comes to call Best of all, you are a greatly loved kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day, beautiful Bel!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a beautiful Calico kitty you are, Bel.

I am glad you found a home where you are loved.

Congrats on being Cat of the Day.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Dear Bel,

Hey neighbor! I saw you were from Eugene and had to say hello. Eugene is a pretty hip spot for cats. I've been here for 10 years myself. There's always birds to watch and squirrels to chase (although my meowme doesn't like me doing that ) Did you know that Eugene is one of the most cat populated cities in the U.S.? I didn't...but I found out pretty quick! I'm not a fan of most cats hanging around my place but you seem really cool. Who knows, maybe we've met?
    Congrats on your special day!! Tell your humon to give you extra treats.

Purrfuly,

~Spook

Blog Entries
    My jaw dropped when I saw the photo of Bel Cat today. She is unspeakably divine and clearly has a perfect life, being sweet, living life on her own terms, being beautiful, keeping her loving peeps happy.... full time job indeed! I second the motion that she get extra treats on her auspicious day!

Beautiful Bel!

Greetings Bel! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a beautiful Calico girl you are, Bel, in looks and in personality! Quite the enchanting social butterfly you are! But as charming as you are, stopping by to visit your neighbors, brightening their days with your very presence, making friends wherever you go, it's your mom and sister Alice who have earned your unwavering devotion and love. How lucky they are, having a beautiful, sweet and loving furkid and best furry friend in you, having been chosen by you to be your forever family. As the saying goes, home is where the heart is! You truly are a treasure, Bel, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Seeing all of your lovely photos, reading your utterly charming backstory, has been the perfect antidote to my cold and rainy day! Hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, helping your mom around the house, enjoying the outdoors from your porch, making new friends, being treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Bel, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to dear Alice, too!

Helping mom! Those beads look like fun!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Bel Cat, what a beautiful Calico girl you are. Your markings are exquisite, and your big green eyes are mesmerizing. Even though you are not a big cuddler, you make up for it in many ways.
    I'm glad to read that you like to stay close to home. And how sweet of you to greet your mom/dad when they come home.
    Bel Cat, you are a wonderful kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.

Dearest Bel Cat, what an utterly gorgeous Calico girl you are! You are absolutely stunning in your beauty. That fur of many colors looks so soft and is so pretty with those diverse patterns, and what a sweet face you have with those long white whiskers and eyebrows and the lovely big eyes. Thank you for sharing those terrific photos with us! You are adorable in every one of them. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Eugene, OR to pet you, and pet your sister-kitty Alice too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you both for me .

And what an interesting story you have to tell! You were the neighborhood cat for your apartment building, and you started coming in Alice's kitty window to visit. Alice tolerated you, and then you moved in one day when you needed a new home. You made the right choice, all right, and now you are with your Purrrmanent Purrrsons for nine of your ten years! You are very friendly and visit with the neighbors. You help your dear Purrrson when she is working and greet her when she arrives home. You are a very sweet girl, and you and Alice and your Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Bel Cat, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and Alice and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery