Thread: Sleek Neko

Sleek Neko

She is beautiful. I have wanted to rescue a greyhound for many years but it's just never happened. I'm so glad you are both happy. BTW, we call "roaching" happy rubs at our house but your terms is a lot more funny! I wish you the best and many happy years together.

Beautiful Neko!

Greetings, Neko! Happy Dog of the Day to you, and to dear Carter, too!

I was so moved by your human's touching, love filled tribute to her gorgeous Grey girl; inspired, learning of her years long dedication to Greyhound rescue, the love she holds in her heart for your beautiful breed!

What a wonderful program the Greyhound Inmate Experience program is, winners all around, the inmates and the pups! I can only hope that the prisoners' experience, helping to train and find loving homes for so many deserving Grey's, is half as impactful and rewarding, as life saving for them as it is for their furry charges and forever families. And how well you, Neko, are paying forward the love and compassion shown you by your adoption outreach, helping other deserving Greys find their forever families! You do Luka's memory proud, sweetheart!

I can only imagine how painful the loss of Luca, her heart hound, was for your mom. But I hope she takes comfort in knowing that it was through him that her devotion to your breed, her dedication to rescue, were born. That's quite a legacy! And yes, he's no doubt smiling down on you all from the Bridge, knowing that thanks to you his mom's heart is healing.

I've never been mom to Greys, but a dear freind of mine is a [relatively] recent convert to Grey love, and through her I've learned just how unique, how special you kids are! As is the case with your mom, her Greys have gotten into her soul too!

How blessed your mom is, having a beautiful furkid, a best friend and loving companion, a heart-healer in you, Neko. You're a treasure, beautiful body and soul, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks to your mom for sharing your heartwarming backstory and so many heart-melting photos with us. Meeting you has been the perfect start to my day! I hope you enjoy an extra special day of celebration, meeting people and making new friends, playing with brother Carter, visiting Grandma, hehe, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Neko, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day, EVERY day! Love to dear Carter, too!

Happy doggie!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Neko

Name:  20b.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  345.0 KB

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    It looks like you are enjoying your retirement.
    Celebrate your special day.

Hello, Neko down in Oak Lawn from not too far-away LaGrange

I smiled when I saw your pictures, and I smiled even more when I read your story! I know a little about retired greyhounds from my fellow PT'er K9Soul. From her I know that greyhounds are wonderful, intelligent family members!

What an interesting story you have! You went through the Greyhound Inmate Experience program up in Michigan, where you learned about life after your racing career, how to be a dog and the skills you would need. Then you went home with your mom and Carter, and started "roaching" right off the bat! All is well !!

I hope you had a very happy day as Dog of the Day! I hope your person will register for Pet Talk so we can see more of you and Carter!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678