Thread: Outstanding Ossie

Outstanding Ossie

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Ossie!

What a gorgeous boy you are! Your coat looks so soft and has such special markings and you have the sweetest face!

I am so sorry you had that bad accident and suffered so much. However, your family did everything they could to save you, and the vet did a wonderful job, too.

In spite of this, you didn’t give up, but still wants to go out and play with your brother and your older cat friend. What a brave boy you are! And although you can hardly see, you still catch little critters. I’m glad to hear you stay mostly indoors, though - and I’m glad to hear you enjoy life and are happy. I know your family love you.

Have fun today, play with your kitty friends, get pampered with treats, lots of attention and cuddle time with your family. I send kisses and wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetie!

Time for some cuddles..

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Ossie the Survivor, May 13th Cat of the Day!

Belated Cat of the Day congratulations to you, beautiul Ossie! So sorry to have missed your official day, due to our technical issues. But now that we're back, I hope others will take the time to read your heart-wrenching, heartwarming story of survival and healing! http://catoftheday.com/archive/2017/May/13.html

I can't tell you how moved I was, Ossie, reading your human's love filled tribute; moved to tears! I can only imagine the strength and courage it took for you to overcome such life threatening injuries, endure all of those surgeries and months of intesive care. To say your recovery is miraculous would be an understatement. And not only did you survive your injuries, you continued on, thriving, back to enjoying every moment of life to its fullest, despite having lost an eye, having only the most limited of sight (light and shapes) in the other.

It took Ossie a while to recover but now, almost a year later, he is venturing out into our new garden and playing with his brother and older cat friend that we own. He even catches animals still! Although he can hardly see (we believe he can see slightly, but only light and shapes), Ossie is perfectly happy and is enjoying a great life with us!
    What courage! Your indomitable spirit and will to survive, your human's unwavering devotion, are an inspiration to us all! You truly are one extra special boy, Ossie, 1 in a million, and so very deserving of your big day of honor! Hope you enjoyed a very special day of celebration, sweetheart, playing with your brother and kitty friend, cuddling with your humans, being loved and pampered to pieces! Love, hugs and kisses to you, brave, beautiful Ossie, our very special and most deserving, hero Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to your kitty brother, too!

Such a handsome boy!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Lovely, Precious Ossie, Cat of the Day for May 13, 2017!

Dearest Ossie, you were chosen Cat of the Day for Saturday, May 13, while Pet Talk was down. Now that it is back, we're so glad we can see your tribute page and celebrate you!

What a precious, beautiful kitty you are! You are utterly stunning, so handsome and so happy-looking in your gorgeous photos there. Your fur is so pretty and looks so very soft, and what a sweet, sweet face you have with that cute brick-red nose with the black outline and that lovely big eye doing the work of two eyes. I wish I could reach through the screen and over across the ocean to Devon, England in the U.K. and pet you, and pet your brother and older cat friend, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what a touching and inspiring story you have to tell! You are your family's beautiful and special cat. Sadly, last year you got hit by a car. You suffered many injuries to your head and lost one eye, but your wonderful vets kept you going! They said you were now blind, but it seems you can see lights and shadows with your remaining eye. Your dear Purrrsons have been giving you deeply loving care. They tried to feed you by hand, but you wanted to eat and play with your brother and be back to normal. You are going out some now with him and your cat friend. You're perfectly happy, enjoying a great life with your dear family, loving being cuddled and cared for by them. You're now more a house cat than an outdoor one, which is much safer for you, of course. You are so affectionate and love your life so very much! You and your kitty pals and Purrrsons all love each other dearly, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Ossie, on being chosen Cat of the Day for May 13, and how nice to see you on Pet Talk now! We hope you and your dear brother and kitty friend and Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congrats on being Cat of the Day, outstanding Ossie!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana