Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Catastrophe and the Aftermath - what is next

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    I can live with whatever decision is made. But, when I use the Advanced Search function to search for threads I have started, the latest one found is from 2012.
    All the threads from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 to date that I started about kitties that adopted us or kitties that we had to send to the bridge, are gone. I liked looking at older threads. They were happy memories. Yes, we're all looking forward and whatever decision is made, we can live with.
    Lisa, all the posts from everything up to May 2 2015 ARE here - the index just is not search correctly until ai do a command line task. Which I will do soon.

I also have a 13GB file that may contain much of the missing 2 years, or it may not. That's what I need technical help with, and once THAT is done, I will definitely update the index. I am also dealing with clients work, too, to pay the rent!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Lisa, all the posts from everything up to May 2 2015 ARE here - the index just is not search correctly until ai do a command line task. Which I will do soon.

I also have a 13GB file that may contain much of the missing 2 years, or it may not. That's what I need technical help with, and once THAT is done, I will definitely update the index. I am also dealing with clients work, too, to pay the rent!
    Oh, I'm so glad to hear that these files will be accessible at some point. Obviously, I have no techie skills to help you explore options.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Oh, I'm so glad to hear that these files will be accessible at some point. Obviously, I have no techie skills to help you explore options.
    I am not sure they will be accessible, but am hopeful!
    I've Been Frosted

Freckles - thank you so much!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, you may or may not have seen many of our signatures have disappeared. I had mine both on photobucket and here, and they were uploaded before 2012. Do you know what happened?

Also many of my pictures in my albums here are missing - most were uploaded a long time ago. Do you think they might re-appear at some point after you have done everything? I cannot upload pictures to my album, either. Oh, and "Posting Areas" have disappeared, too.

I realise you're busy with other things, so no hurry - just wanted to ask.

Good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Karen, you may or may not have seen many of our signatures have disappeared. I had mine both on photobucket and here, and they were uploaded before 2012. Do you know what happened?

Also many of my pictures in my albums here are missing - most were uploaded a long time ago. Do you think they might re-appear at some point after you have done everything? I cannot upload pictures to my album, either. Oh, and "Posting Areas" have disappeared, too.

I realise you're busy with other things, so no hurry - just wanted to ask.

Good luck!
    You signature says it was posted from Photobucket, which is why it is now missing. Photobucket is now a subscription service, so if you paid in, it would likely reappear.

What happens when you try to upload pictures? That should work ....
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for replying, Karen. I uploaded the sig. pic to here just in case.

OK, I clicked on “Odds” in my albums, where I think I uploaded the sig. pic. Quite a few pics are missing

When I try to upload pics to ANY album I have here, I click on the album where I want the pic. to appear. Then “Upload pictures” > Add Files > Choose File, find it, choose it > Upload, but nothing comes up in the Attachment field where it says “ Drag previously uploaded files into this area to attach them.”

So i give up. I hope it will work some day. The problem could my new system, though (10.11.6) . I hate it! Nothing works as well as in the old days. Back in the nineties, Mac systems were SO much better - everything worked just fine! What are you using yourself, Karen? I've heard it's a bad idea to upgrade to Sierra.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I m on 10.9.5 - I avoid upgrades until people have tried them, as there's usually no stepping back!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, I haven't had 10.9.5, I went from 10.5 (Leopard) to 10.11.6. I far prefer the older systems, but they don't work very well anymore. I've been advised not to upgrade to Sierra, so I won't.

Do the system have anything to do with the problems you have re. vBulletin? I hope you will be able to solve it - best of luck!

Well, I haven't had 10.9.5, I went from 10.5 (Leopard) to 10.11.6. I far prefer the older systems, but they don't work very well anymore. I've been advised not to upgrade to Sierra, so I won't.

Do the system have anything to do with the problems you have re. vBulletin? I hope you will be able to solve it - best of luck!
    No, just want to see if we can find a way to restore as much of the stuff that outside agency scraped for me (13GB) before I rebuild the search engine, so as not to duplicate effort and machine time!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

LOL Glad you guys know what you're talking about. When I read the above, I thought, "Randi adopted a leopard? Wow!"
    I'm guessing you guys are talking about some computer thing that I will never understand. Wishing you luck.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Ha ha, me adopting a leopard. I do love all cats, but that would be more than I could handle. If you remember, even Shanga scared me a bit.
    Last edited by Randi; 08-06-2017 at 03:28 PM.