Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Catastrophe and the Aftermath - what is next

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Don;t worry, I am blessed in that as soon as I let myself stop, and lay down to sleep, I can go to sleep immediately. It is an ability I used to take for granted, but now know that is not the case for many, many, many people!
    Green with envy. It takes me HOURS to turn off my mind and fall asleep.
    Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Green with envy. It takes me HOURS to turn off my mind and fall asleep.
    Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
    It was not until I was well into adulthood that I realized not every can do that. I now know what a precious gift it is!
    I've Been Frosted

3. I notice a lot of links to congratulate the winners of the dog/cat/pet of the day for me are off as it directs me to a different pet. been happening for a while now. example being todays dog of the day is an adorable little chihuahua named Roxy Rue. but if i scroll down an click the link "Talk about Roxy Rue in Pet Talk!" it takes me off to this handsome fellows page instead of Roxy Rues http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=188491

I've had a week or so where I didn't have to log in every time I went on PT, but today I've had to do it again.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    I notice a lot of links to congratulate the winners of the dog/cat/pet of the day for me are off as it directs me to a different pet. been happening for a while now. example being todays dog of the day is an adorable little chihuahua named Roxy Rue. but if i scroll down an click the link "Talk about Roxy Rue in Pet Talk!" it takes me off to this handsome fellows page instead of Roxy Rues http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=188491
    I sometimes don;t get chance to update the day's pet's link at the bottom of the page until later in the day. Once you are IN Pet Talk, go back up a level, and ou will see that day's dog's page - if someone has started a thread for him or her.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I've had a week or so where I didn't have to log in every time I went on PT, but today I've had to do it again.
    Make sure you check the "remember me" box, and have cookies enabled!
    I've Been Frosted

I do have cookies enabled and I check the box "remember me." Well, this time I didn't have to log on, so all is good.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I sometimes don;t get chance to update the day's pet's link at the bottom of the page until later in the day. Once you are IN Pet Talk, go back up a level, and ou will see that day's dog's page - if someone has started a thread for him or her.
    Ah i see. very understandable. you way better at this stuff than i would. id end up forgetting entirely LOL

I now have the files - over 13 gb and hundreds of thousands of files - that someone did that may contain some of the missing years, I have no idea how to proceed, though, so will have to wait until I have the money to buy another month of vBulletin phone support, which is $49. I had hoped I would get it before the month I paid for in May ended, but I didn't get this until a week and a half afterward, sadly!

And thank you mrspunkysmom for the gift, the tin came through bent, but the contents were intact!
    I've Been Frosted

Wish I could help. Perhaps you can find some help here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

... or in one of the other forums out there. Have a look and see if you can find the kind of help you need.
    vbulletin support

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Wish I could help. Perhaps you can find some help here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

... or in one of the other forums out there. Have a look and see if you can find the kind of help you need.
    vbulletin support
    Thanks, Randi. I have not yet found anyone in quite my predicament, but maybe someone will know something.
    I've Been Frosted

I would like to donate some money when the exchange rate gets more normal again. But $60! Easy with 10 people giving $6 each!

Karen, is there a donation link I can post?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

As always, our donation page is http://petoftheday.com/fundraiser.html and thanks!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    I may be naive, even ignorant as well, but why bother with archives and past posts and pictures. All the previous cats, dogs, pets of the day are brilliant but, Oh my goodness, what about just moving forward and calling it a day on the past. What am I not getting? I promise I will not be offended, it sounds like a ridiculous amount of unnecessary work to me. s**t happens, unfortunately. What about, "Sorry, we shall start afresh". A lot less effort and more concentration on..... the future. Just sayin'

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I may be naive, even ignorant as well, but why bother with archives and past posts and pictures. All the previous cats, dogs, pets of the day are brilliant but, Oh my goodness, what about just moving forward and calling it a day on the past. What am I not getting? I promise I will not be offended, it sounds like a ridiculous amount of unnecessary work to me. s**t happens, unfortunately. What about, "Sorry, we shall start afresh". A lot less effort and more concentration on..... the future. Just sayin'
    I can live with whatever decision is made. But, when I use the Advanced Search function to search for threads I have started, the latest one found is from 2012.
    All the threads from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 to date that I started about kitties that adopted us or kitties that we had to send to the bridge, are gone. I liked looking at older threads. They were happy memories. Yes, we're all looking forward and whatever decision is made, we can live with.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.