The last few weeks have made me shake my head in disbelief at the sheer stupidity of mankind.

Most of it centers around the wonder of 'social media' - the key word being 'social'?

---------
A couple of weeks ago Curt Schilling, a former pro baseball player, went on 'social' media to brag about his daughter being accepted to a college where she was going to pitch for the school's softball team.

After he sent that out over the 'airwaves', some idiots decided to shoot back some pretty vicious and vile stuff about his daughter. Even I was shocked at what some of the content was - and I can be pretty raw at times? This went past the point of 'bullying'.....

Schilling found out who a few of the culprits were and threatened legal action against them.

-------

Last week there was the idiots from the fraternity who posted the video with the racist chants.

-------

Yesterday, I saw two more instances of 'interwebz idiots'...

Ashley Judd, who is a Kentucky Wildcat fan, was posting about a basketball game she was at and again, people began to answer her with some pretty crass and crude posts....I have been around some guys and have had some good natured banter about sports, but I have never, ever heard anyone make comments anywhere near some of the stuff they said.....to a woman, even.

The last incident that made me shake my head was the Penn State fraternity that had posted the photos of women who were passed out, nude or place in suggested poses while they were unconscious...

THAT story had me stumped because it involved two different kinds of irresponsibility......People drinking too much and people who preyed on them.

I have no problem with people who want to go out and 'have a good time' but therein lies the rub?

Anyway.

What kind of AHs would take photos of drunk/nude women and post them on the interwebz? But, then again, who drinks until they become so incapacitated that they become a photo on 'social media'????

You do owe it to yourself NOT to drink until you go blind - Yes, I know people will spike a person's drink - but there is a certain level of responsibility that a person should own up to when they drink. I am of the mind that no one is going to 'take care' of you 24/7 - that job is yours and yours alone.

-------

Every story I see about 'social media' and 'bullying' make me more and more immune to feeling shocked about them. The other stories - about people who commit a crime, then put it out on the internet only to be caught - make me even more convinced that people are genuinely stupid......Too bad the responsible people are too boring to even mention?