Thread: Ryder.... and a new addition. (updated two pics!)

Threaded View

Ryder.... and a new addition. (updated two pics!)

So hello, it's me! It's been a while. The wedding was fantastic, beautiful, and it went by so quickly. Wish we could do the reception all over again - it was the best times of our lives!

We started talking about adding another dog to our little family, a Black Lab... we planned on that later on in the spring/fall... until.. Mike's family dog, Dozer needed a place to go. Dozer is now 12/13 (not sure what age) and his hips are failing him with steps. He can't do steps anymore. He is stuck at his mom's house where he couldn't get up to the kitchen, so he just stays in one spot all day/night until he goes out to do his thing... and that's sad. We could tell it depressed Dozer quite a bit.

So we offered to take him so he has a place to live and our house is the most reasonable place for him to be. We live in a ranch (one level floor) - We did a test run about a weekend ago with Ryder and it was a bit rough at first - constant jumping, etc. but they've finally settled in with each other. I think Ryder is slowly figuring it out about his old age and how he cannot really play at the same "level" as him. If he jumps on him, Dozer goes down and struggles to get back up. I don't think he knows that his back hips are failing him. Poor old guy.

So he's been here since Friday and he's been happy and I know he is feeling better. He perked up, he wants to play, he enjoys the company and having me us around. He has the freedom to wander around the house and have no problems. Ryder has settled in and I find that it's adorable that he lays with Dozer at night when we go to bed. (YAY FOR ROOM IN THE BED - No more lower back pain for me!) Ryder often puts his paw on Dozer's paw or leg when they are laying by each other. I wonder if Dozer is finding the comfort of that.

Just wanted to share a couple photos if anyone's interested into seeing.

Last edited by CountryWolf07; 01-27-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred