Thread: Boomer Lion Boy

Boomer Lion Boy

What a handsome Maine Coon you are, Boomer - and your coloring looks more lionlike than any I think I have ever seen! That pale golden fur and gold eyes, as well as that impressive mane make it no wonder they nickname you Lion! How wonderful you were there for your Dad when he almost left this earth, and stayed with him though his recovery as best you could! That must have been terribly scary for your dad, mom and you! We are glad that, while you are Dad's buddy, you also help keep your mother warm at night! We are so glad you are the top cat at your house - and today, you are Cat of the Day for the whole world to see! Congratulations again, Boomer!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

Wow so huge and gorgeous!!!!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  455.8 KB
    `•.,¸¸,.•´¯ zιѕѕу ωαѕ нєяє ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´

Magnificent

You don't mess with Boomer!

Beautiful Boomer

What a beautiful testimony to a gorgeous pussycat. It has been documented that animals, especially cats, show signs when humans have health issues. Even some retirement and chronic care facilities have cats to give companionship but also for this very reason. I have to say it is nice to read men's tributes to their devoted cats the last few days. As a volunteer for cat rescue it is so often men who are getting their partners to abandon their furry family member, go figure. Cats can be such an amazing and special addition to the family unit and hopefully in 2015 less of them will be dumped and people will sterilize in order to ensure that no unwanted births will happen in a world already overpopulated with unwanted animals. I bet so many of you who read the COTD website religiously look at your beautiful cats and wonder how anyone could have abandoned them. I do that all the time - and it makes me sad that so many cats who are as wonderful as mine will not get a loving home because of the high numbers in shelters and rescues and the lack of space. So stories like this really REALLY make me happy. Thanks for sharing.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Dearest Boomer, you are gorgeous! What a stunningly handsome lion you are! And so attentive and caring of your Purrrents, nursing your dear Dad when he got so sick and nearly went to the Rainbow Bridge. You are so full of love and so beloved. You sit on Dad's lap to be cuddled by him. In the evenings you lay by Mom and warm her, purring as loud as a lion.

I wish I could reach through the screen to pet you! But since I can't, I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you for me . What a wonderful love-filled home you have, with that nice big yard to patrol and nine other cats to supervise!

Congratulations, darling Boomer, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and Mom and Dad and Gismo and the other cats and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Boomer

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day.
    You are very handsome and should be the boss.
    Celebrate your world famous day.

Wow, I thought Boomer looks like a lion even before I read the write-up. A real King! Awesome fur! Purrs loud ... Congratulations Boomer!

:love
    You really do look like a Lion Boomer even to your coloring I have never seen a Cat who had that tawny shade except for a real Lion.
    You make my Little Orange Lion Miquelito looked like a stuffed Lion.

And My Cat are like you Boomer, they are there when I am unwell, like Little Hot Water Bottles who purr
    WE are so proud to be your New Friend!!!

We are sending Our MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWS To You Big Boomer Our Newest Cat of The Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Blog Entries
    Boomer appears to have a sort of ethereal authority about him, I think he is a lion, just a smaller breed Could not have chosen a finer COTD! Made my day!

Beautiful Boomer!

Hi Boomer! Happy Cat of the Day!!!

Oh, what a magnificent Maine Coon boy you are! Like others here, I didn't need to read your Daddy's sterling tribute to his best boy before making the connection between you and your vaunted ancestor...Your coat and coloring, that magnificent mane, the shape of your face, that steely gaze, all say purrrrr!!! ( I mean rooaarr!!!) You're simply stunning, Boomer, one gorgeous, gentle giant of a feline, and oh yeah, definitely "the boss" (don't tell Gismo), ruling over your subjects with a velvet paw! But it's your unwavering devotion to your Daddy, the very special bond, the unspoken connection that you two share, that is most impressive of all! How very blessed he is, having you there to alert him should the need arise; keeping his body warm at night and his heart warmed 24/7; watching over him with the ferocity of a mama lion and comforting him during those trying times; always making him feel loved and needed! What a very special boy you are, Boomer, a true treasure, and so very deserving of your extra special, Sunday honors! Your family is truly blessed, Boomer, having a best friend and loving companion in you, and I hope that you and they will know many, many more wonderful years of shared ove and devoted companionship!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, sweetheart! I hope you and Gismo, and the rest of the furry crew, are all enjoying a very happy, fun filled day, being spoiled rotten and loved to pieces!!! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Boomer, and to Gis and all of your furry sibs too!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congrats on being COTD, handsome Boomer.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Boomer what a stunning fellow you are to be sure!!!

Your gorgeous pictures were just what I needed to brighten this dreary winter day!!! please thank your family for sharing you with us!!!

Congratulations, sweet Boomer, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boomer, what a gorgeous fluffy lion kitty you are! I smiled when I read about the wonderful relationship you have with your very special Dad! I would love to gently pet your amazing, full coat! Happy, happy Cat of the Day to beautiful Boomer!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678