Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat drinks out of a toilet??

my cats both drink out of the toilet.i heard that unused toilet water is actually clean,but i wouldn't test it by drinking it!my cats have never gotten sick from drinking out of the toilet,so i guess its ok.

Cam drinks out of the toilet and he will also lift the drain out of our shower stall, dip his pay in get just enough water and drink like that. I have accidentally turned the shower on him a couple of times as I wasn't paying attention and just went to put it on, he came whipping out so fast and just gave me the nastiest look

I feel like the voice of doom, and resisted posting this first time around, but, I think this is an incredibly dangerous practice. The bowl is very slippery, and when you add wet cat feet to the equation, and a slope, it is VERY possible that a cat/kitten could become trapped, and drown.

I think I would reconsider the practice. I have always left the lid down to prevent this very thing...

I always leave my toilet lid down so that my cats won't be tempted to drink from it. Sometimes my roommate will leave her toilet lid up and we've caught Sunny playing and/or drinking from the toilet. I think he's usually playing because we hear the swooshing sound of water. I just hope that he never decides to swim in it.

My lids are kept down so this has never happened but my Andy is attracted to water like a magnet. Whenever there is running water in any sink in the house he comes running. One day, after scrubbing the floor, I poured the dirty water from my bucket into the toilet. Andy jumped up on the toilet rim to watch the swirling water go down and, you guessed it, he slipped and fell in. He was one very unhappy little wet kitty and was gone like a streak of white lightning. Never had him come back in there to watch again!

All my pet drink from the toilet. But my kitty Hooligan like to play in there. He stands in the water and scoops up water in his little paws and splashes all around. It very cute. then I have little wet kitty foot prints on the carpet. Also I pick him up and I get soaked becasue hes all wet. Silly kitty!

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

The toilet would be the only place Scooter would drink out of, if given the choice.
    But the lid is always down, so he must drink out of a bowl like all the other cats.

The lost cats at the lost cats hotel , particularly the feral cats drink out of the toilet a lot as the water is cold and clean. It is thier way of making sure that i keep the toilet clean , and change thier 6 water dishes every day. MEEEEOWY CHRISTMAS TO ALL FROM THE LOST CATS HOTEL!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I don't know if my cats would drink from the toilet, because I keep the the lid down.