Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gorgeous George!

Thank You For Your Comment on George

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    What striking good looks you have George, so you get to be our very special Caturday Cat of the Day! We are so glad you were among those rescued from that horrible start in life, and unlike many others, you survived long enough to not only get well, but choose your new forever home that day at the shelter. We are glad you were firm but persistent, and your new people got the message that they had indeed been selected as the lucky ones who got to take you home! We are glad you daddy still calls, and you all keep in touch. You are the first tuxedo with heterochromia (that is what the scientific term for "odd-eyed is) we have met, but that is not the reason you are so special! You are Caturday's Cat of the Day because you are much loved, handsome, and such a sweet kitty! Congratulations again, George!
    I'm sorry I am so late replying. I totally missed the notification that George had been named Cat of the Day back on Dec. 27. We are also so impressed by his strength and determination. He had worms, some bad infections, and was dehydrated but he battled through a month's care and was finally ready to be adopted. Thank you for so many compliments! Yes, I did a bit of research and then a vet saw him on Twitter and researched and published an article on heterochromia iridium. It's usually found in pure white cats, and even then it's rare. No one has been able to figure out his odds! Thank you again, and I hope you see this after so long.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mbsmum View Post
    Concatulations gorgeous George on being COTD. You are one handsome dude with beautiful eyes. I wish you lots of treats today and every day for the rest of your life.
    George loves his treats! He's a messy eater and loves to "golf" his de-bowled kibble onto the floor so his dog sister can have it once he's had enough. He is fed up higher so the dog (also a rescue) doesn't get his food! Thank you for the compliments.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Romeyrider View Post
    I am used to seeing dogs with a brown eye next to a blue eye but I have never seen an animal with a green eye next to a blue eye. It's very striking. Even if you just had those beautiful green eyes you would be striking, they are somehow different then regular green eyes on cats... I can't really explain what makes them so neat. Anyway happy POTD.
    Yes, George's eyes are very unique. His condition is genetic; it's called heterochromia iridium and is usually found only in pure white cats. I am just saying what gets me on the colour placement -- his face is also half black and half white fur. The blue eye is in the white fur, and makes it look like ice. The green eye is in the black fur and black really makes the green pop. Thank you for all the compliments!

Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaDWM View Post
    Congratulations on being Cat of the Day.
    You knew who you wanted to be with, and you made the right choice.
    You are much loved by several people and that is a wonderful thing.
    Celebrate your world famous day.
    Thank you for your kind remarks. I didn't realize his post had gone up (Christmas rush maybe?) and totally missed it until this week in March! Yikes! To celebrate this achievement, when the weather is nicer I am going to get him a harness so he can go outside. He's an indoor cat because his front claws (not me!) were removed and I worry about his ability to defend himself.

Sorry for the late reply ....

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Stunning tuxie George with your sweet pink nose and amazing, gem-like eyes! What a handsome kitty you are! How wonderful that you were rescued from a difficult living situation, and you chose your family in no uncertain terms that day at the shelter! Now you have a wonderful forever home complete with everything you could possibly imagine and more. You specialize in a head-bump that causes your person to drop an object, so your person's hand is free to pet you! Brilliant! (but sometimes a problem if the object is breakable) Just one problem, your person has a photo of you sending an object to the floor . You snuggle with your person for sleep and even with your dog-buddy! I would be happy to hold something and receive one of your strong head-bumps, or to help you play with your favorite toy, or just to pet you! Happy, happy Cat of the Day to wonderful, gorgeous George, kitty who has defied the odds for sure!
    ... but I only this week (in March) found out he'd been posted as a Cat of the Day. It's quite likely I missed the email in the Christmas rush because I do get emails from here. I just totally missed it. Anyway, thank you for your very kind remarks. You are right, he really has defied the odds. Many of the 90 cats rescued from the same location as George were too ill to recover and had to be euthanized, sadly. He had worms and infections and was dehydrated, spending a month under veterinarian care before they even considered saying he was ready for adoption. Regarding breakables, George is like a magnet to them. He's broken three lamps, a laptop, two glass screens on tablets, and pretty much every drinking glass in the house. We are now using plastic hahaha .... but I just look at him and all is forgiven. I have a rescue dog as well who has her certain quirks. I am positive they remember things from where they used to live.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    You're a gorgeous boy George!!! Congrats on being COTD!
    I am sorry it took so long to reply but in the busyness of the Christmas season, I totally missed the email telling me he'd been posted on Dec. 27. Thank you for the compliment, it's much appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tomyoung54 View Post
    Wow what a cool looking cat!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!! Contratulations George. Your fur patterns and your eyes make you look like a very special cat!!!!!!!!!!
    Forgive the delay in responding; I completely missed the email saying George had been posted as Cat of the Day. A lot of people say his eyes make him look like David Bowie, and his fur patterns on his face make him look like Phantom of the Opera. Thanks for all the compliments!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Dearest George, what a stunningly beautiful young Tuxedo boy you are! Those eyes are like jewels, an emerald and an opal, in that sweet face of yours, and I love that pretty pink nosie and the white whiskers and eyebrows. You look so content and relaxed in all your photos! I wish I could reach through the screen over to southern Ontario (not far away) to pet you and skritch that little chin of yours.. But since I can't, I'm sure your loving and beloved family members will pet you and skritch your chin for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have, too! We are so very glad you and your fellow cats were rescued from that awful situation. (We're sorry that they didn't all survive, and we know those kitties are now Angels at the Rainbow Bridge.) And you certainly knew just who your new Purrrmanent family was and adopted them right away at the shelter! Even though your adopted Pawpie no longer lives with you, he often visits, and you also keep in touch with him by telephone.

Now you have a terrific home, which you run just the way you like it! You let people know when you require attention by head-butting their hands so they drop whatever they might be holding and can then pet you. You also un-clutter various surfaces by pushing things off them. And when your Purrrson is cuddled up with the doggie, you like to come take a nap on top of the dog. What a wonderful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling George, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your doggie buddy and all your family members and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite treats and games, maybe even a few new things to push off tables!

Thank you for your sweet reply. Yes, George did indeed pick us. My dad had his heart set on a calico that day, then George climbed up him, wrapped himself around his neck and started to purr. It was love then. His eyes captivated me right away and I love looking at him each day. He's a destructive little thing! His current tally is 3 lamps, a laptop, two glass screens on tablets and all the glassware. We now use plastic glasses hahaha ... anyway he loves the sound of things breaking and always has so it's something from his previous life. I have a rescue dog too, who's got a few quirks of her own too. Anyway all I have to do is look into those gorgeous eyes and all is forgiven!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post

You certainly did not have an easy start to your life George , thank our All Mighty Lord above that there was a place where you could recover and a kind hearted Gentleman who saw what a great Cat you are and took you home and then rehome you into juts a good a home where you have found your place in the sun.

All Of Our Tuxedoes and Our Tuxedo Angels are sending a special Cat GQ Friendship Purr.

We are all MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWING For Our Newest Pal and Tuxedo Cat of the Year Gorgeous George.
    Thanks for your kind reply. My dad stayed for five weeks to help transition George and since he's known me too the whole time he's been adopted, it was as good a transition as could be expected. My dad visits for a week at a time so they still have their precious times together. Long before dad moved to my sister's, he was calling this place home and himself the boss!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    George is very unique! Magnificent COTD! Many kisses and a head butt to George!
    He's definitely unique alright! The eye condition is called heterochromia iridium and is usually found only in pure white cats, and rarely even then. No one knows his odds of being a tuxedo with two different coloured eyes. I shall pass on the kisses and head butts! Thank you.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sasha the cat View Post

Gorgeous George!

What a wonderful choice for Cat of the Day! George, I can tell you right now I absolute love your humans.

My 6 kitties are all rescues. Technically Felix, Rascal and Raven are officially our kitties. But we have three foster kitties: Puss~n~Boots, Oreo and Beauty (the only little girl kittie!).

So thankful humane societies in Southern Ontario Province rescued you and countless kitties. We have the same problem here in Quebec Province -- kitten/puppy/bunny mills. We're impatiently waiting for the day the Federal Government of Canada enacts tough animal protection laws for all animals: domestic and wild. Laws where puppy/kitty/all pets mills in particular as well as authorized breeders who have not been vetted as humane are on the first offence charged $1,000 per animal in their mill houses of horrors (ditto unethical breeders of specialized breeds of animals) with their businesses immediately closed. Second offence, $50,000 per animal along with 10 year prison sentence with no "time served" consideration. Third time arrested, businesses closed, sentence : Life consecutive sentences per animal up to a total of 100 years in highest security level prison, no parole.

I think that is fair and also am confident that all lovers of animals, birds, fish -- in fact all living creatures -- will agree with me.

Live long and happy in your fabulous castle with we are sure you rule with very gentle paws.

To your humans: Thank you, thank you, thank you.

KatMa of Felix(9) Rascal(6) Raven(3 - born in our home) and our Fosters: Oreo(4) Puss~n~Boots(4) and the only baby girl, Beauty(3).

We also feed any stray who comes to dine with the goal of TSR, i.e.: Trap/Sterilize/Release We try to find homes but if we can't, then we Release and pray for the best.

Thank for your wonderful post. Good for you on caring for strays and having your own rescues. I have a dog rescue as well and she and George are great pals, with George, of course, being the boss. The transition to living with me from dad was as kind as it could be on George. Dad stayed here five weeks before moving to my sister's, by which time George had already adapted, bossed the dog around, and considered it home here. When my dad calls, he always asks for George hahaha ... and he visits fairly regularly. In fact, he's coming today for a week to 10 days. He's really an adorable cat although he does love breaking things. He's on a mission but I thwarted him by replacing all the glass glasses he'd broken with plastic. He still knocks things off of shelves and tables but I've put away a few things I don't want to be broken. The rest is just stuff, and I care more about George than I do about stuff. Puppy mills are an abomination. I advocate for shelter animals all the time and show pictures of George and my dog to show examples of how rescue pets love you hard, because deep down inside, they know you've saved them. Thank you again.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Hi gorgeous George! Happy Cat of the Day to you!

What a beautiful Tuxie boy you are! Your black and white coat is gorgeous, your amazing, bi-colored eyes breathtaking, and oh, how cute is that pink nose! But as beautiful as you are, George, it's your spunk, your fighting spirit, that makes you the extra special boy that you are! Yes, you certainly were dealt a poor hand at life early on, but given a 2nd chance, you turned that poor hand into a lottery winner, ultimately winning the forever home jackpot! And how wonderful that you and your daddy still keep in touch!!! I'm sure he misses you dearly, but what a comfort for him, knowing that forever and always you will be loved and cherished by family! You truly are one extra special boy, George, one in a million, and your family so very lucky to have a best friend for life in you!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile and warm heart, George! I hope you're enjoying a very happy, fun filled Cat of the Day bash, being treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful George!

Thank you for your post. It was a beautiful one to read. Forgive me not replying sooner but I only just found out (my fault!) that George had been selected Cat of the Day. The email must have been missed during the hectic days of the Christmas - New Year's season as he was posted Dec. 27. I only found out yesterday on March 12! George is very happy here, and always likes to see his daddy. Dad does miss him, yes, but he phones and I hold the phone to G's ear and he listens. Hahaha so cute. He's got me (I was there the day he was adopted) and was already used to me, and Dad spent five weeks here to transition George slowly. Two weeks was enough because by then he was already calling it home, and bossing the dog (and me) around. Thanks for saying he won the jackpot coming into our family. Dad made my sister and I promise that one of us would take him if need be (my dad is elderly) and of course we did. I feel fortunate that when time came for his selling up and moving, Dad picked me to have George. He and the dog are good pals and is also a rescue. They both retain behavioural quirks obviously learned in their earlier living conditions. When George breaks something I just look at him, he looks at me, I clean it up and that's that. I swear he's testing me! Anyway thank you for your very kinds words.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Hello George, it's a pleasure to meet you. You are very handsome! What a rough start in life you had but you survived. I enjoyed all the photos. I'm so glad you have a forever home where no doubt you are in charge. It sounds as if you are very loving and have a strong personality and know what you want and do whatever to get it LOL. I hope you have many happy healthy years with your family. Congrats on being COTD!
    Thank you very much for your kind words. He definitely has a strong personality and knows how to manipulate everyone by just looking at us with those amazing eyes. Sorry for the late reply but I completely missed the email announcement in the Christmas rush of things (I guess). I found out only yesterday, March 12! Yikes! He did indeed have a rough start in life but he pulled through. He's loving and friendly and steals treats for his dog sister. They're kept up high. He tears the bag and drops them down to her! hahaha Anyway, thank you again. Your kind words are appreciated.

Thanks to all from George, the blue & green-eyed cat

I'd like to thank Cat of the Day for selecting George for posting on Dec. 27. I somehow missed the notification and just found out on March 12, so apologies to you. Thank you also to all the people who took the time to post lovely messages for and about George. I have sent a reply to all who did.

Dear Alexandra and George, welcome to Pet Talk!

phesina, aka Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery