Thread: Tiger watches TV.

Tiger watches TV.

Last night Tiger was watching TV. They had a nature special that was showing all the wild animals in a Canadian Rockies Park. When they began to show some wolves and bears, Tiger ran under the coffee table to hide. It was so funny. Even though I re-assured her that they were only images on a TV screen, she was still scared. Does any one have a pet that reacts the same to TV, as I have seen Tiger do? And this isn't the first time.

..........wayne

My kitty has never really noticed anything visual on the TV, but he does notice / respond to sounds coming from it. He will turn and look if animal noises come from it.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Hi, Emily doesn't necessarily watch TV, but she certainly listens to it. When she hears a cat meow she always perks up. It seems that her favorite "cat star" is Spot from Star Trek: The New Generation

Bastet isn't a fan of TV but she loves me playing with the cursor on the monitor of my computer!
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

My cats love to hear birds on the tv. When they do, they go running up to the tube and try to attack them. It's so cute and funny!! And then when the birds fly off the screen they look around the house for them!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

see Maya here !!! She likes footie!!

When Filou and Tigris were younger they were very interested in nature movies, afraid of tigers' and wolves' sounds and curious for bird and fish -they jumped on the TV and looked behind, where the prey was
    Now, they seem to have understood

One of my cats, Elvis, pays attention to the TV once in a while. He likes to snuggle with me when I'm watching TV, and sometimes I catch him watching. His little ears will twitch, and he will look from one side of the screen to the other, following whatever action is happening on the screen. It's really quite funny! I ask him if he's enjoying the show, and he looks at me, then looks back at the TV, as if I have somehow disturbed his concentration.

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

A member of the family......

Mitty watches TV like the rest of the family, and responds to sounds, like meows on the cat litter comercials. Mitty also paws at the computer screen when Im typing. I wonder what she thinks it is żżżż And when my Brother plays nintendo, she insists on grabbing the man on the screen!!

my cat has a thing for the clicking of a woman's high heels-
    he stares at the screen until the scene changes. Playstation
    games are a must watch thing for him also.

Several years ago a friend gave me a video called "Video Catnip" or something like that....it was a closeup of a birdfeeder and you could see and hear all the birds as they came in to eat. My kitties at the time (who have both since passed away ) sat absolutely still in front of the screen for a good 90 seconds, swatted once at the screen and then they seemed to decide it was one of those 'silly people things' and lost interest forever....

Sunny loves to watch t.v. His favorite channel is Animal Planet. He still tries to paw at the screen. Storm will sometimes watch t.v. but Pepper could care less about it.

Lilly remains the same with TV as she does with any other sound, sight, or smell - completely and totally unperturbed. She falls asleep on the couch even when my dad is grinding coffee in the mornings!