Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PARTY! Thursday's #610

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Is that what city kids use to roast marshmallows? We always just snagged a green stick - as in fresh wood that won't catch fire immediately!
    Um, yes we did use wire hangers.......

We grew up to love and respect trees.

The only reason for a tree to be hurt or damaged was when our dad needed a switch to beat our arses.

REFILLS AND CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Um, yes we did use wire hangers.......

We grew up to love and respect trees.

The only reason for a tree to be hurt or damaged was when our dad needed a switch to beat our arses.

REFILLS AND CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!
    Trees must be more sparse where you are. In the woods of New England, where I grew up, there is always brush, including sprouting trees that will never grow to maturity because they are in the shade of the parent tree, so too close to others, "trash trees" growing on brook banks or roadside - finding one green twig certainly never harmed the tree or the ecosystem, trust me! If anything, we were pruning them, which every gardener knows is necessary at times!

I'll take some cake, thanks!
    I've Been Frosted

Hot tea near the hot fire please. Cold here!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Trees must be more sparse where you are. In the woods of New England, where I grew up, there is always brush, including sprouting trees that will never grow to maturity because they are in the shade of the parent tree, so too close to others, "trash trees" growing on brook banks or roadside - finding one green twig certainly never harmed the tree or the ecosystem, trust me! If anything, we were pruning them, which every gardener knows is necessary at times!

I'll take some cake, thanks!
    I grew up in the Valley. We had all kinds of trees in the yard. Lemon, orange, pine, olive and mulberry trees. My G-ma had pine, plum, avocado, peach, pomegranate and fig trees in her yard.

I thiink that the West Coasters have a different view on trees because of the 'sparseness'? We don't have all the foliage that other areas in the US have, so we tend to really overreact when it comes to trees - We love trees!

Cake and a refill! Done!

QoP,

Fire and hot drinks!
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I thiink that the West Coasters have a different view on trees because of the 'sparseness'? We don't have all the foliage that other areas in the US have, so we tend to really overreact when it comes to trees - We love trees!
    We love trees, too, I promise! But sparseness only happens out here when deer overpopulate a confined area, or someone spends a lot of work to prevent more trees growing! Stop mowing a piece of property here, and in a month it will start looking like a meadow, and most of the time in a few years, the beginnings of forest!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Hot tea near the hot fire please. Cold here!
    I'm making tea right now because it's cold out. Just plain black tea for now, if anyone would like some. I am grateful for my PT Friends!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm making tea right now because it's cold out. Just plain black tea for now, if anyone would like some. I am grateful for my PT Friends!
    I'd have a refill of tea, thank you. Wind chill tonight is -23oC or -10oF.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    I'd have a refill of tea, thank you. Wind chill tonight is -23oC or -10oF.
    Time for a new thread......Let me do a refill before I move on!!

Done!