An ex- friend of mine has six dogs total,three of these dogs are pitbulls (All males,two are neutered). The other dogs are a pitbull/lab mix (female) and the other is a spaniel (cocker) mix (female). The two younger male pitbulls were taken in by her a few years ago,both were neglected. Both of these dogs are brothers and started fighting with each other as soon as they turned 6 months old.

She took them in to get neutered,but that didn't stop the fighting,so now they stay in crates. She only allows one out at a time with the other three dogs. She has told me she can't handle taking any of them for a walk,etc so they only get to go outside to potty,that is it. Just recently,she took in yet another dog, (pitbull/chihuahua) and has been buying this dog clothes,toys,crate,etc.

Tonight,the younger male pitbull attacked this puppy so badly,she needed to be taken to a vet. The puppy has bite marks all over her face,ears and a swollen head. She said the male dog was eating and the puppy walked by,and the dog attacked. This happened before with his sibling,and the other dog was injured as well.

She informed me tonight that her fiance wanted to take the dog to the other house they own across the street, and leave him in there to keep him from doing this again. She told him no,because there is no heat at that other house. I told her "you knew he was food aggressive because of the incident earlier this year (which she had to use the toilet plunger and hit the dog over the head several times,to get him to let go of the other dog),why don't you find this puppy a more suitable home?" Find someone who can work on the food aggression with the dog who attacked.

She now has made up her mind that if it happens again,the dog she claims she rescued,is going to find another home. None of the rescues in the area she lives in wants anything to do with her,because she told the rescue she would foster a female (pregnant) cat for them. When it came time for the kittens and mother to be taken back to the rescue to get shots,fixed,etc she refused to pay the adoption fee to re-adopt the mother and one of the kittens. When one of the volunteers came to her house to do a home check,she wouldn't allow the woman inside her house.There was no paperwork signed by her from this rescue to foster,so now all of the kittens have been left with her (2 were given away unfixed). She has not only six dogs living in her house,across the street in the garage are eleven cats. Why this rescue allowed her to foster,is beyond me. I am wondering what's everyones thoughts are on this?