Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: for those with faith

It's not just a variation, it's the morphing of an old story. Not that there's anything wrong with it, and if people want to believe in it or take the message out of it, no harm done.

However, I have a problem with stories like these being interpreted as some sort of legitimate news piece. It's a nice story, and sure, maybe something similar has happened. But more often people die "unsaved".

And, yes, I guess I don't know if at any point in time in this world someone had had this exact experience, but I think that the number of these stories that I've heard that sound nearly exactly like this (atheist/non-believer turns to God just as life was in jeopardy) are more likely to be stories created by well-meaning people to show others the glories of God.

I will agree that these things can be made up. but like they say the truth is stranger than fiction. and it is heartwarming to read these, I believe such things do happen, whether or not THAT did.
    I will tell one story is is true and I am not lying. if you don't believe it , I don't care.
    when I was about 16, around that age, I was in the car with my parents and some family friends, going to a national park. a truck going the opposite way, with big logs, one of them came unbundled, and I swear, it hit the road, bounced over the car in front of us, hit the road in front of our car, and bounced over us. it would have killed us if it hit the car. then it rolled to the side of the road. that scared the crap out of me.
    Faith in God

Hmmm...

Lots of people have a story of an accident or of some instance in which we could have lost our lives (including myself), regardless of anything to do with God. I don't see the relevance of your story in relation to the previous topic.

Why would I not believe your story? It's not exactly the stuff of mass emails or pulpit lessons.

you know soledad, your just not worth my time or energy, so whatever.
    Faith in God

Originally posted by toughCookie

when I was about 16, around that age, I was in the car with my parents and some family friends, going to a national park. a truck going the opposite way, with big logs, one of them came unbundled, and I swear, it hit the road, bounced over the car in front of us, hit the road in front of our car, and bounced over us. it would have killed us if it hit the car. then it rolled to the side of the road. that scared the crap out of me.
    I think that God uses these kinds of situations to make us realize the brevity of life, and how He truly is in control of EVERYTHING! Maybe you do hear about these kinds of things, but when it happens to you, you realize what everybody is talking about. Soledad, you haven't had the "wake-up call" and I hope that someday you do.

Soledad, you haven't had the "wake-up call" and I hope that someday you do.

How do you know this?

From your sarcasm on the entire subject.

I'm sorry, but I haven't been sarcastic. Or not intentionally anyways.

anyway, I read it on the daily blessing website and liked it, wanted to share it.
    Toughcookie, will you share the webaddress please?? I think I would like to read it. thanks!!

Originally posted by Soledad
    How do you know this?
    Since you asked....

God calls to you, believe it or not. When I've asked the question, "If all people that don't know the Lord go to hell, what about people that weren't raised that way?" The repeated answer that I've gotten and read about is just what Cookiebaker said....He reaches out in "strange" ways...and in case we dense humans miss the first couple, He keeps trying.

Does that make any sense?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Since you asked....

God calls to you, believe it or not. When I've asked the question, "If all people that don't know the Lord go to hell, what about people that weren't raised that way?" The repeated answer that I've gotten and read about is just what Cookiebaker said....He reaches out in "strange" ways...and in case we dense humans miss the first couple, He keeps trying.

Does that make any sense?
    Yes, Noah'sMommy...it makes a lot of sense!!! Thank you!!

I think what I was asking was how Cookiebaker (a stranger on the net) has the knowledge or authority to determine if I'm saved or not.

She wasn't talking about being saved, she was talking about what I explained, that one day God will seek you out. It doesn't have to be in a dramatic way, like being saved from some catastrophe, it happens in small ways. For example, someone having a religous conversation with you and sharing their faith, that is a form of seeking you out.

Even though we are sought out by God many times in our life, that doesn't mean that a person will ever acccept him. Many wont.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

yes I agree, God does seek you out many times in small ways.
    soledad, don't pm me again.
    Faith in God

Yes, it makes sense! Thanks for sharing it!