LOL,
I live in Luh Ah Ville. About 4 miles from the track and about 5 from the University. Shout out to them- the hospital there saved my life!!

I am on an old Lenovo that is a workhorse, It's about 4 years old and I have brought it back to life time and time again. It's got Iolo System Mechanic and McAfee anti-virus loaded onto it and win7 as an OS.

I bought the new Lenovo and it has Win8 on it - I hate it - I used it more for music and photos while I learned to navigate Win 8.

I was just on it surfing when it locked up, I tried to C-A-Delete, but that didn't work. I shut it down and it went thru the process of starting then it gets to the password screen, I enter my pw and the screen goes black.
It does put little prompts up about buying MORE antivirus and the cursor appears. But no other activity.

I did look up the model number and it came back with the "Power Dump" solution, Unplug everything and hold down the power button for 10 seconds. I will try the 30 second fix....

(I also tried to get the machine to reset via a 'reset' mode but that doesn't work. I have no problem resetting the machine because I have my music and photos on flash drives......)

About a 'smart phone'? LOL, I am too blind and my fingers are too fat!!

Thanks to everyone!!