Thread: Three new fosters!!*More pics post 18*

Threaded View

Three new fosters!!*More pics post 18*

I called the shelter yesterday and asked them to put me back on the list for kittens. Today I got the magic call; three babies had been transferred over from a WAY overcrowded shelter and needed a foster. These guys are happy, bouncy, playful, and frighteningly thin and dehydrated. The foster coordinator thinks they are so thin simply because the other shelter is so overwhelmingly crowded that they were not eating well. I think she's probably right...they are PIGS! When I put them in the bathroom at first, I put down some kibble and some canned food, and they nibbled at those. A few hours later, I poured them a bowl of KMR and they went NUTS! So I mixed some KMR in with their canned food and they all pigged out.

I don't know where they came from originally, but all three of them are super sociable, affectionate, and fun-loving. Even while riding in the car, they were bouncing around the carrier batting at their siblings' tails and looking quite cheerful.

This is General Grape. He wants to be in my lap or perched on my shoulder at all times. He's also a talker. If he can't reach my shoulder, he pats at my chest and asks "Mew? Mew? Put me up higher!"

The reason there aren't more pictures of Grape is because he was all over me and it's hard to photograph a cat on your shoulder!!

This is Private Pancake. He's a teeny bit jumpy around me, but loves to play and purrs when picked up. He also likes Jasper a LOT!

I had to take my bathrobes out of the bathroom because he kept trying to climb them.

Pancake is the most dehydrated of the three, but he's drinking a lot of KMR, so hopefully he will be better hydrated in the morning.

You can see how thin he is here. Poor guy.

The girl, Esmeralda. She was NOT impressed when Jasper came in at first. Her tail is quite impressive, don't you think?

After a few moments, Essie decided that since Jasper's tail is such a wonderful plaything she would forgive him for being a dog and go make friends. It was a long time before her tail smoothed out all the way though!!

She is in better shape than her brothers physically, and she is SO beautiful! I'm half in love with her already, she has the most enchanting face.

Esmeralda likes her KMR too!
    Last edited by snakemama; 09-04-2014 at 10:04 PM.