Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Does the whole top press down to activate the fountain? I can see certain mischievous kitties making a real mess with that!
It kinda sounds to me like it runs all the time like a regular fountain. From the Etsy listing:

This is a drinking fountain made almost entirely of wood. Other than the wood, there's 7 screws and a water pump. Even the drain is drilled out of the base. I attempted to go for the look of a real drinking fountain, but with the colors peeling off and wood showing from underneath… like it was a phony or something. So I stained the whole thing bluish gray and then sanded off parts of the stain to let the wood come out. The push buttons are wood burned. We went with an epoxy that’s used for waterproofing and finishing the bottom side of wooden boats, so every inch of the fountain is waterproof. The epoxy is tinted slightly black.

*We use a food safe epoxy, which is also used to build aquariums.

Inside the water fountain is the water reservoir and 3 holes for mounting to the wall. It is made up of 3 different pieces that come apart: the sink, base and water fountain nozzle.