Thread: Breed comfirmation for Kohaku - Tuxedo Lynx Point Siamese?

Breed comfirmation for Kohaku - Tuxedo Lynx Point Siamese?

Hello!

Based on looking around this forum and others, I think I've nailed down my cat's (Kohaku's) breed as a Tuxedo Lynx Point Siamese. Have I gotten it right?

He's a pretty big boy as you can see in these pictures:

And he has been getting progressively darker over his lifetime. He's just turning 6 now, and he's always looking for 5 more minutes of sleep when it's time to wake up:

I've always thought his pattern to be amazing, and he has wonderful blue eyes to go with it. Here's a few more cute pics of him:

This picture also has his sister in it. Her name is Sith (but she is called Sith-Chan as she is a girl). She is a black with a single white locket on her lower belly, which she does her best to hide all the time (Edit - now it's the right picture):

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Please tell me whether I've guessed his breed right - I've always been looking for what to call him exactly.
    Last edited by The Maelstrom; 07-29-2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Accidentally double posted one of the pics - corrected now.

He looks like a Siamese mix, though he has more than "points" that are tabby ... I'd say a Tabby/Siamese mix, and 100% handsome boy at that!
    I've Been Frosted

Honestly, what we tell owners in a clinic is that unless you obtained your cat from a breeder and have papers on bloodlines, you have a domestic short/medium/long haired.

It's fun to play the "guess the breed" game, but chances are VERY likely that you have a DSH that is just a lynx point or a pointed tabby.

Oh and btw, your kitty looks nearly identical to my Espeon

facebook

No matter what Kohaku's ancestry is... he's GORGEOUS!!!!!

His sister Sith-Chan is a beauty, too. And so is Espeon.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Gorgeous yes. And both have an interesting color combination. I've never seen one like it.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)