Thread: "Mommy.....I want to be a RAT!" "I want to be a RAT" symptoms and treatments....

"Mommy.....I want to be a RAT!" "I want to be a RAT" symptoms and treatments....

What is "I want to be a RAT" disease?
    Many rat lovers may have experienced this condition before. But what exactly is it? Well I'll tell you.

Some rat owners and breeders sometimes come down with a case of "I want to be a RAT" syndrome. Unlike other diseases there is very little treatent that can discourage their behavior, besides taking humourous photos and laughing silly for about ten minutes! People will begin to act like a rat. Eating sunfower seeds and wafer cakes, yogurt and corn. Chattering of the teeth can also sometimes be heard in these individuals. No one knows exactly what causes "I want to be a RAT" symdrome, however most others find it amusing so there has been no particular study done. We sort of just let them "act out" and get over it.

Symptoms of "I want to be a RAT" disease

Some humans like rats so much, they may even try to act like one. Mimicing their sounds, eating the same food, and in very extreme cases, climbing inside a cage. This is normal behavior for rat lovers, and it is not to be discouraged. If you hear "chattering" of the teeth don't be afraid. Just know that this is a sign of the disease, and well....there really isn't much you can do about it.

Treatments
    One should first observe the patient in daylight. After it is certain the patient has "I want to be a RAT" symptoms, treatment calls for plenty of cute photos. You must then upload them to the Pet Talk forum for all others to see and enjoy.

I have had the pleasure of seeing one individual with this disease, and in my own home mind you. Fortunately, I was able to take pictures before their "session" ended. Here is what I captured:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

ya sure LOL we all know you put him in there to keep him quiet JK!!
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

yes it's a birdcage!

It was so funny, because it's a two story cage so I took the bottom apart and put it in the tub to clean it. After that I took the top, which is in the pic and washed it. Then I took it in the living room to dry it. When I went to get a towel and came back, Dylan had crawled inside of it! I thought it was the funniest thing! So of course, I had to take pictures. He just cracks me up sometimes!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

LOL****
    that is funny! I didn't know what to expect when I opened up the pictures!! He is soooo cute!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Thanks! He's my pride and joy! Here is a pic I took of him in the pool, he was six months old. He'll be 13 months on Christmas!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

HE is tooooo cute!!! I just looove little baby chipmunk cheeks... I just want to pick him up and squeeze him! That picture is adorable..... I know you are one proud mommy!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

It's a bid cage but I am cnverting it into a rat cage.

I have birds also. Four Parakeets. Let me see if I can find a picture of them. Ok, this pic is a little fuzzy. Sorry....
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

UURRGRHH! I have to scan some pics and upload them. I have two types of parakeets, Bourkes Australian Grass Parkees (the ones in he pic) and regular budgies.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major