Thread: Not sure what else to do for Cleo other than rehome her possibly....I hate too but I don't know what else to do.

Threaded View

Not sure what else to do for Cleo other than rehome her possibly....I hate too but I don't know what else to do.

I have a very sweet cat named Cleo. She is two years old and my sweetheart. I love her a lot. She has been there for me through a lot. The reason why I’m posting this is because Cleo has Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC) before it was called FLUTD.

FIC for Cleo has been a big issue this year. They say most cats grow out of it, but the stress causes her to have problems. The vet spoke with me yesterday and said we can try another drug (but the drug could cause kidney damage so that's a no go since she's only 2 yrs old) on her to see if it works or she may need to be rehomed, which with having a bladder issue could be a problem for some people.

She is a very sweet girl and doesn’t mean to not use her litter box, but she needs someone who will care for her and love her like I do and help her if she needs it. Right now she is on pain medications, but as the vet said we can’t keep her on it for the next 12+ years.

She is currently on Prozac, which has made her a bit more aggressive towards my other cats that I have. She just needs a window or two windows to view the birds and someone to show her love and care.

Cleo will most likely need a home without other cats unless you can put her on another floor where you’re cats don’t go and can’t stick their paws under the door.

Just to give you a little bit about myself and my situation so you don’t think I’m trying to pass her off or anything.

Cleo and my other three cats moved into my parent’s house last July when I separated from my ex husband. We are in one room and it’s a bit tight in there and even when I’m able to move out I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford anything other than a one bedroom apartment for a while. Right now I’m currently working two jobs to get back on my feet again and some days I work 12+ hours a day.

If someone would be willing to help me out with her I would make sure you have enough medication to get her through the weaning off period and she’s very good with women and some men (she hasn’t been around many men) and taking her medications.

I have taken her too many vets whom all say the same thing and there isn’t much that can be done other than to rehome her and place her with someone that will love her and hopefully she won’t feel the need to mark or urinate outside the box.

I need someone who is compassionate and caring as well. She has had many urine tests done and all are negative. She has had x-rays and ultrasounds as well and they were fine and negative, one x-ray showed inflammation. She is also on Hill’s Prescription C/D dry food, which she doesn’t eat much dry food anymore since I’ve started with feeding canned food most of the time. She does like treats though. I have used the plugin feliway and I also have the spray feliway that I spray every morning in the room for her. I also have tried to give her new toys every day or put older toys in the one drawer I have with cat nip and refresh the toys. I also put lavender around the room hoping it would calm her down. I did invest in playing with her also and trying to get her to feel like she got all the attention.

I have been feeding her canned food with water in it as well to keep her water intake good and I am going to put out some tuna water so she can increase her water take. I just need to find someone that will love and care for her.

I don’t care if I have to drive several states away, I just want her to have the best home possible. This breaks my heart so much but it’s not about me, it’s about what’s right for her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cleo 1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	58385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cleo 2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	58386