Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #593 Movie Night on the Lawn?

#593 Movie Night on the Lawn?

One of the things that I loved doing during the summer was to move an old TV out on to the patio and watch a movie or take in a baseball game.

The weather had been pretty good for the last week of two and I have some 'stand by movies' I keep on hand.

Let's pop up some corn......Kettle corn, popcorn balls, hot buttered, and CHEESE popcorn.

(I like my popcorn with a little season salt in it.........)

Slide up a seat and let's go!

Lemonade, tea and something a little harder, if you like?

I'm here with insect repellent, citronella candles and a blanket.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hmmm, what movies are on the docket? Lemonade, please!
    I've Been Frosted

Popcorn and lemonade please and thank you!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Lemonade, popcorn and any movie you want?

I have all kinds of flicks.....I LOVE to go to Walmart and look thru the 5 dollar movies. I always have one or two sitting by the TV. I have a documentary on the Antartic, the Exorcist, The Savages and some comedy DVDs.....

Anything you all like?

DONE!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

How about a double feature? I'm thinking a Monty Python Holy Grail/ Mel Brooks History of the World Part 1 night...
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    How about a double feature? I'm thinking a Monty Python Holy Grail/ Mel Brooks History of the World Part 1 night...
    LOL, I do have History of the World.........Graet flick.

More popcorn!

DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    LOL, I do have History of the World.........Graet flick.

More popcorn!

DONE!
    Oooh, ooh, and can we do s'mores at a campfire afterwards or between features?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Oooh, ooh, and can we do s'mores at a campfire afterwards or between features?
    Anyway you want it. We just have to take the sheet down.....

Done.

Movie story - bizarre?

When the car came into the house a few years ago, it ruined or destroyed a bunch of the DVDs that were stored on a shelf under the window. Some of the movies belonged to my mom and a few were movies that I had never seen.

One movie has been on my shelf for a while and I have been moving it around, waiting for the right time to watch it. It's in a pile of movies for a while and in the last 2-3 months it made it's way to the top of the pile?

---------------------

Saturday night, I was flipping about on the TV and came across a Clint Eastwood movie that I had never seen. I managed to catch the last part of the movie...it was about CE and some kind of treasure buried in a cemetary - and one obstacle to getting to the treasure has to do with a large bridge that gets blown up.

I watched enough to get an idea of the plot and turned it before the end.....that way I could look for the name of the movie, buy it and watch the whole thing. I like CE movies and

------------------
    Yesterday, I absentmindedly picked up the movie and opened it up----since it's a 'collector's edition' release, it has a nice little pamphlet inside with all kinds of info about the movie, production notes, scenes, extra features?

I started to read the pamphlet and it details how much effort went into the construction of a bridge that eventually gets blown up in the flick.

The movie is "The Good the Bad and the Ugly....."

---------------------

I cannot tell you how many times I picked that movie up and for some weird reason put it down to save it 'for later'. It migrated from the bottom of my movie pile to the kitchen table, to the end table and finally to being the only movie near my recliner...

------------

So, We are going to watch The GTBATU tonight!!!!!

Popcorn for everyone!!!!

We used to have movies at college and they did a Clint Eastwood spaghetti Western marathon. I like the old Clint Eastwood Westerns. Pale Rider was good but creepy. TGTBATU was just fun! Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, all those bring back memories.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    We used to have movies at college and they did a Clint Eastwood spaghetti Western marathon. I like the old Clint Eastwood Westerns. Pale Rider was good but creepy. TGTBATU was just fun! Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, all those bring back memories.
    The dubbing was the best part!!!

I would love to see The Blob! An all time fav. Guess what I did! I totally lost my mind and bought a tablet! Now I can be on Pet Talk while chillin in bed when the arthrites is bad Like right now.

Congrats on the tablet! Now we can serve you virtual dinks to go with the arthritis meds!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

One Blob, a drink and some warm packs for you joints.

Nice to see you.

-----------

LH,
    Is that a Patch on your shoulder........

More cheese popcorn and a another movie.

-------

Orc, put the sheet up!!!!!!

DONE!