Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Admiral Applesauce and Colonel Crumpet pics!

Admiral Applesauce and Colonel Crumpet pics!

Hey everyone! They boys are settled in nicely, and almost ready for their big snip! I love having them around, though I have to admit I'm not nearly as attached as I was to the last batch. That's probably best, giving those guys up was HARD!

Colonel Crumpet has really come into his own! He's still skittish around loud noises and sudden movements, but he gets over his startles quickly and comes back to PLAY! He has not once climbed into my lap, nor have I heard him purr, but he plays like a crazy creature and will come running when I start tossing toys around! He likes to wrestle stuffed animals and chase toilet paper tubes especially!

I made kissy noises to get him to look at the camera and startled him...

He LOOOOVES wet food!

Not a great pic, but I liked the little tongue!

More tongue!

He unfortunately pooped on himself in his carrier this morning when he went in for a shot...I cleaned him off, but he's been grooming almost nonstop since then!

Handsome boy!

Yes, he is as soft as he looks!

Applesauce is coming up next....

I'm starting to wondr if Admiral Applesauce is deaf or maybe a little developmentally disabled...He's just not...quite...'with it' as much as most kittens his age. He moves more slowly, he chases toys slowly, he's uncoordinated, and he just acts like a much younger kitten. He is also VERY unresponsive to noise, so I'll be testing him more in the next few days to figure out if he's deaf or just oblivious.

Still, he's sweet as pie and a TOTAL people lover. He eats, plays, and uses the litterbox...so even if he's a little 'special', he'll make someone very happy.

Even though he's smaller than Colonel Crumpet, he's a TOTAL food hog. He will drape his entire body over the canned food while he eats so that he gets it all to himself! And this boy can EAT!

He had a bath today, but as you can see he's already covered in food again, thanks to the aforementioned habit of draping himself over the dish.

He tries to stay clean, but gets distracted and his paws stay kind of pink.

Can I eat these paper towels?

How about this scratch post?

No? I guess I'll strike a pose for the camera...

Crackly tunnels are fun

That's all for now!!

Awww, so adorable! It will be interesting to see if he is hearing impaired at all, he is a cutie either way!
    I've Been Frosted

They are the cutest kitten-officers ever! Gentle one-finger pets to the Admiral and the Colonel! I'd like to think that when Cassie was a kitten, before I adopted her, she looked like Colonel Crumpet does now.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Omigosh, these two babies are so totally adorable!!!!! What a couple of lovies!

Could Admiral Applesauce be a Cerebellar Hypoplasia boy? That is a neurological disorder affecting balance and coordination so the cat is something of a wobbler when it comes to getting around and performing specific tasks. I have two CH boys myself.

They need to live in a somewhat controlled environment, but otherwise they are as healthy and long-lived as any other cats.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hi Pat! CH has definitely crossed my mind. If he does have CH it's VERY mild...he doesn't wobble or bobble or totter around...he just walks slowly, with his legs splayed out some. I'll try to get a video of him walking...it's just hard because when a person is near all he wants is to be in their arms! (especially if he has just eaten and is crusted in food-goo!!)

Edit: I got a video, give me a few minutes to upload!

Phoobucket has crashed on my upload repeatedly, so I am trying youtube now. >.<

Here's the video! It's really shaky at first because I didn't realize it was recording, I thought it started around the time I started talking. Oops.

http://youtu.be/cxYdRmIUw0A

He's adorable! Look at his lil backside! I love when he gets to the arm of the sofa and kind of stops ... like ... "What do I do now?" Big prayers for wee Admiral Applesauce and I will go light a candle for him right now.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Hmmm, hard to say. As you said, if it is CH, it's very mild.

Please keep us posted!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Such a Wonderous pair of Awesome Cats of the future and having these Little Dynamos of Fur around will be sometimes chaotic , sometimes crazy but always quite a bit of Fun.
    Please update as Your Cat Officers become Wonder Cats!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Snakemama, does Admiral Applesauce use his back legs the same way when he walks on the floor? The thing that came to my mind as I watched him on the sofa cushions was that his back feet seem to "catch up" with his front feet as he moves. He sure is adorable, no matter what.

Cassiesmom, yep, he moves the same on the floor! Watching him from behind, he seems to be a bit bowlegged in the back. It gives him character!

I have 4 CH kitties and they vary greatly in their ability to walk. One (Tinkie) has very mild CH and you can only really tell when she runs or gets excited. Then she looks like a Tennessee Walking Horse. So it is possible that the Admiral might have a mild case of CH. It makes absolutely no difference in her abilities except when she is jumping up on something (like a sofa).

But he sure is cute!!!!

We have a vet appointment in a few minutes to have a look at Admiral's gait, so naturally he's quite steady this morning.