Each year, the St. Louis Cardinals holds an annual "Pooches in the Ballpark" where you can buy special all-inclusive tickets to attend a ball game with your pooch. Tickets benefit local humane societies and you get to walk around the field in a parade before the game in front of everybody

This is our second year going. Last year it was not a good experience... we brought Jamie and she did GREAT around the crowds and other dogs... up until about the 4th or 5th inning when our section was chosen to be the "balloon section" and so they brought out balloons and people were waving them around... Jamie got so freaked out by them waving and popping that we had to leave... not to mention shooting off fireworks for home runs (she did not have fire work anxiety at that time, but I'm sure other dogs did!!!)

They sent a survey after the game last year asking about our experience and I told them why I was not happy.

This year we decided to go again and bring Nova. She is a lot younger and was VERY anxious around all the car and foot traffic but settled down after awhile. The best part of the thing is that we were able to stay for the ENTIRE game... no balloons... AND they did not shoot off fireworks for our home run like they usually do!!! AAAND... Nova and I were up on the jumbotron... My dogs on jumbotron - 3. Me on jumbotron - technically 0.

A lot of other MLB teams have similar events at their stadiums so if you're interested I would look into it... but be forewarned, tickets for the Cardinals' one sold out in less than 10 minutes... so you have to act fast!

Now... the real reason I know why you're here... the pictures!!!

Near first plate with the arch in the background!

Tuckered out while watching the game

Danny carrying her through the crowd on our way back to the car afterwards