Thread: Limping dog went to the vet

Hybrid View

Jessika explained it quite well.

And most dogs do blow the second one within 2 years of the first one going.

You are right, not addressing this now allows arthritis to set it. Your dog is young and should recover well PROVIDED you restrict activity during recovery.

Limping dog

Petey is at the vet now for his sedated x-Ray. Can anyone give me some questions for the vet. I've read up on a lot of websites, I have a lot of questions, but I'd like the really important ones answered. Thanks

Is it a complete tear, or just partial? What are the options for surgery? What is the recovery like? How long would he need to be kept inactive? What kind of activities should I restrict for now? Would any kind of brace help in the meantime, or as an alternative?
    I've Been Frosted

Petey is home from the vet

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Is it a complete tear, or just partial? What are the options for surgery? What is the recovery like? How long would he need to be kept inactive? What kind of activities should I restrict for now? Would any kind of brace help in the meantime, or as an alternative?
    Petey is home, and the vet said he doesn't need surgery. I have to do all the keeping him from running jumping and climbing stairs as much as humanly possible. But the vet said because he is such a small dog, under 20lbs. And he is already walking on it quite well, he doesn't think he needs surgery. I was a little concerned until he said if he was his dog He wouldn't do surgery on him, so I guess I'll cross my fingers and somehow try to keep a crazy little puppy calm

Well isn't this terrific news?~! If you don't have one, a nice sized crate with a comfy bed in it will help. Oh and maybe a playpen or dog pen, to keep him confined but able to move around. Just make sure it is sturdy (if it has a floor to it) as you want solid footing under him when he moves about. Check freecycle and craigslist FREE section, you just may find something.

A few long lasting chews will help now and then as well; just not a constant thing as they can cause constipation or diarrhea (depending which sort you get).

And a toy to squeak! LOL

Yay, such good news! Good luck keeping him relatively still!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh yay!!! Great news!!

facebook