Thread: Changes, and more changes....

Threaded View

Changes, and more changes....

Since I really haven't been on here in a long time, I thought I would update everyone on what has been going on. As of this April 28th, I had to "resign" from my job. Last August I fell down my neighbor's front cement steps and landed sitting on my knees. I ended up shattering my tib/fib and ankle as well as both feet in doing so. When I stuck out my right leg, my foot literally was facing right. Not front like it should have been, and of course me, the idiot, tried to stand up. So, I ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks, then was out of work from the end of August until Jan. 8th. I'm still not 100%, not even close. I have rods, pins, screws, plates and all that good stuff holding my leg together. Good news, I can now forecast weather, lol. But during the recovery time, because I was favoring that leg (I wasn't supposed to put weight on it for 2 1/2 months), I ended up tearing my medial and lateral meniscus in my OTHER leg. Yay!! Went to the ER, they said "Oh it's a sprain, go home." Went to my ankle doc, he said, "Oh, it's arthritis, go home." Took me going to another much reputable place for them to do an MRI to find the tears, which were significant. When I told my school I needed to take more time off for surgery, they told me I could resign or get fired because "We need our teachers here! You've missed too much work!" Um.... broken leg and ankle?? No accommodations for wheelchairs, no extra help for during the day. If and when I came back, it would have to be me and my doc stating I was at 100%. So, since I was getting a whole $300 a week on disability from school and couldn't pay my bills, i went back to work. Then I tore the meniscus more, twice, and literally fell over and couldn't get up. My knee buckled and just gave out on me. So, off to surgery, goodbye to work (my union did NOTHING to help in the matter. My union president seemed to agree with the HR manager and was on his side not mine. I didn't like that). So now I'm at home, collecting unemployment, going bat crazy cause I am not really doing anything but cleaning (yuck) and taking care of the house. I'm very actively looking for a new job/career. Whether it be as a librarian in the college/university scene (I'm burned out on the K-12 scene), or as something entirely new in the tech field (my master's degree is in technology), I'm giving it my all.

Meanwhile, I've met a new man in my life. He's normal. He's not a jerk like the ones I dated before. He treats me well, is polite, thoughtful, and just overall a genuinely nice guy. His name is Paul, and I'm really loving the relationship we have.

Also have two new kitties that I added to the brood while I was working. Both are FIV+, because if you remember, I love my special needs cats. Both had been in the shelter about 7 years, and I just thought that was unbelievable that no one would take them because they were special needs. They were not hostile, or battle cats. Very laid back and just lap cats and snugglers. The first one is Bobbysoxs. He's my black and white tuxie. Absolutely a lover. He snuggles between Paul and myself if Paul stays over. Not sure if that's to say "Stay away from my mom", or if it's just "Ahhhhhh.... this is the life!!!" LOL! The second cat is also FIV+. His name is Frankie and had been at the shelter for 7 years. Partly my fault. I took him in from this horrible place he was at, but he was so fearful, you couldn't get near him, and no matter what you did, he peed all over the floor, the blankets, everything everywhere. I was working, and I didn't have enough time to spend with him to work on his issues, so I took him into our shelter. I just never thought he'd still be there. Well, what strides he has made!! He no longer does the pee thing, he is a love bug, always wanting pets and attention. He is white and technically a gray tabby. He's just gorgeous and so sweet looking. He and Bobby sleep with me every night, and I adore it. Some of the others are a bit put out by it, but mostly they all get along really well. No fights, no clashes, just Boris being her crabby self.

Anyway, that's what has been going on here. I'll add some pics of me, the kitties, and the guy I'm dating, just to catch all of you up to speed, lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bobby and paul.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	58164 Paul and Bobbysox

Name:	Bobbysox.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	58165 Bobbysox

Name:	frankie and kickstick.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	58166 Frankie

Name:	frankie hugging his pillow.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	58167 Frankie

Name:	me newest.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	58168 Me!!
    Last edited by jennielynn1970; 05-16-2014 at 01:27 PM.