Thread: My dog rolled in....

Hybrid View

Cindy - I'm totally jealous that your two don't roll in stinky things! We have very bold skunks in our area so I'm just waiting for Jasper to discover them...luckily he's always on leash outside so maybe I can stop him...

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Cindy - I'm totally jealous that your two don't roll in stinky things! We have very bold skunks in our area so I'm just waiting for Jasper to discover them...luckily he's always on leash outside so maybe I can stop him...
    Hopefully for the sake of your nose Jasper doesn't take a page out of Lady's book.

Lady HATED skunks.

She got into one when she was a young dog, and had several baths (which she loathed) over the next 2 days to get rid of the sccent. After that, any time she saw a skunk she charged them, with the expected results. The one exception was one night when I went oustide and smelled a skunk, but never did find out where the smell was coming from until the next spring. I was weedwhacking next to the deck and saw a little paw sticking up out of the dirt. Evidently the night I smelled the skunk Lady had actually killed and buried it.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 05-16-2014 at 11:39 PM. Reason: fat phingers
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

LH, your story makes me glad that we don't have a backyard, as I'm certain Jasper would have a go at any skunk that crossed by.

What's worse than skunk stink? DEAD skunk and skunk stink! *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    LH, your story makes me glad that we don't have a backyard, as I'm certain Jasper would have a go at any skunk that crossed by.

What's worse than skunk stink? DEAD skunk and skunk stink! *shudder*
    And worse than that - the smell of skunk spray burning off one's exhaust system while you are driving to get "deskunking" shampoo!
    I've Been Frosted

5. Ew! dont blame you for not wanting that smell around.

living out here in the woods my dog has rolled in deer/crow an porcupine puckie.
    as for dead things he found a few deer an squirrel remains but that thankfully was it.

one time i tried to stop him before he got anymore stink on him he just gave me a look of "whatd i do?" then braked at me an did a play bow as if it was no big deal

Lol... dogs are so gross. mine will roll in everything stinky they can find!