Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat saves boy from dog attack

Cat saves boy from dog attack

I apologize for the language in the article, but you really only need to watch the video.
    Also, if you are squeamish and don't like graphic pictures, stop watching after the boy gets up and walks away.

http://jezebel.com/worlds-most-aweso...ium=socialflow
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a brave kitty, and we are glad mom and boy and kitty made it safely back inside! How strange the dog attacked like that, but what a great kitty to run over and defend her boy!
    I've Been Frosted

Like Karen said, I do think it is so odd how that dog attacked. Good thing the kitty sprung into action so quickly and everyone is okay! I hope that cat was rewarded with the finest feast that night.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Someone get that cat a big can of tuna!!

I can't find the link now, but another article about the same attack said that the dog got out of his fenced yard when the owner opened the gate to pull out of his driveway. The dog's owner called 911, and voluntarily handed his dog over to authorities for observation. I'll keep looking for the other article..

Tara the fabulous feline is a true hero.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

That cat wins!! Very strange how that dog attacked like that, poor little boy - but awesome cat Tara saved the day! She was out there like a bolt of lightening!!!

There is another story with an interview with Tara and her boy if you look at the links on the page. Neither boy nor Tara is overly impressed with the television camera or reporter.
    I've Been Frosted

All Tara needs is tiny blue tights and a cape...Supercat!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Here's a good interview with the boy's parents about what happened. The cat Tara had been with the family since the boy
    was a baby. ( followed the family home one day) Tara clearly thinks of the boy as "her boy".

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/cat-...s-dog-23724504
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That's one brave kitty and extremely quick! Hope he/she will get some yummy treats.

The poor boy must have terrified. So glad nothing happened.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

WOW! I am impressed with Tara the cat--way to go. I've watched the video over and over. I wonder if one day little George will protect me (or my little dogs) if needed Mannny years ago I had Luke1 & he did not like any dogs to come around. One day the neighbor's beagle came over & Luke1 took off like a flash & scratched the rear end of dog with one of his paw/claws. That dog yelped & ran away; I was so proud .

Update: Apparently the dog also bit his owner as the owner was trying to corral him, and once the quarantine period is up the dog will be euthanized. The dog is only 8 months old, I definitely think that's the right decision.

Lots of folks were talking about this at the Y this morning. Tara is something! The way she picked THIS family, adopted the boy as a baby as "hers," and now, protecting him from the dog.

Feel sorry for the dog, at that young an age, something had to make it this way. I agree, best for it to be euthanized, but that is still sad.

Yes, I saw this on the news a few times yesterday. Wow what a hero that kitty is. I heard that the dog was euthanized.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Tara will throw out the first pitch at a Minor League baseball game....

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post...-baseball-game

I love the idea of the 1/2 price tickets to people who bring in pet stuff to the game....

---------------

The local news did a story about the shelters somewhere close by are capitalizing on the video.

They are promoting "20 dollar bodyguards" - cats that can be adopted for 20 bucks, they have all their shots, are spayed/neutered and ready to go!!!!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 05-16-2014 at 04:26 PM.