Thread: They Found The Runt Of The Litter Dead At The Bottom Of The Pile. Or So They Thought…

Hybrid View

They Found The Runt Of The Litter Dead At The Bottom Of The Pile. Or So They Thought…

April 21, 2014 Stories

This small litter of kittens was found in terrible shape. They were nearly killed by their flea infestation, their eyes were badly infected and their mother was malnourished and semi-feral. The cats were in dire need of some human assistance. A Good Samaritan brought the kittens in to the Fabulous Felines NWA cat rescue to get help. It looked like all of them would make a recovery… except for one.
    He was the runt, and he was in bad shape.
    All of the kittens were sick, but beneath the pile of litter mates was a still, unmoving form.

Fabulous Felines NWA cat rescue

It was the runt. The rescuers thought he was dead.

He was alive, though. They named him Stuart Little. The kitten was terribly dehydrated, losing hair, and had badly infected eyes.

He weighed just under 3oz, while his litter mates were about 9oz. He was 2-3 weeks old and weighed less than a newborn.

They cleaned his eyes with warm saline and began to tube feed Stuart (Chapstick tube for size).

Within a week of his rescue, his weight doubled. Not only that, but he began looking like a cat… and not a tiny mouse.

Stuart next to one of his litter mates, who were massive in comparison.

Stuart’s feral mom was very stressed and wouldn’t feed the babies, so this surrogate mother named Bessie gladly stepped in.

Bessie made sure that Stuart was getting enough to eat.

Stuart had loving litter mates, but also some great foster brothers and sisters as well. (His brother is sitting directly behind him.)

Read more at http://www.viralnova.com/stuart-litt...Y8YXmSmhROe.99
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

At 6 weeks old, Stuart was getting more cat-like, but his body still needed to catch up with his head.

He began following Bessie’s lead and began eating solid food.

Another Chapstick picture to show his growth.

At 8 weeks, he was finally up to 1lb.

At 12 weeks-old and still a little shy of the 2lb milestone.

As it turns out, Stuart had beautiful flame point Siamese markings.

His brother Gravy was happy to still have him around.

And after a long and tiring journey, Stuart found a forever home.

Source: Kitty Army
    Even though Stuart started out in a much worse condition compared to his siblings Gravy, Biscuit, Omelette, Oatmeal, Pancake, and Pop Tart (he managed to get away with a non-breakfast food name), he ended up making a marvelous recovery thanks to his fighting spirit and kind hearted rescue workers. There are more neglected and homeless kitties in the world than you realize. What the people at Fabulous Felines and other rescues do to help these animals is truly touching. If you’d like to find out about how you can help foster or adopt cats in need, visit the Fabulous Felines NWA site or Facebook page.

Read more at http://www.viralnova.com/stuart-litt...Y8YXmSmhROe.99
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aww, nice. Like a Cat of the Day story!
    I've Been Frosted

Very nice story!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Aww, great save of a precious little baby!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Stuart is soooo precious! His littermates, also. Yes, it is sad what happens to most feral and unwanted cats. Both my Kimba and Mac were badly neglected when I adopted them. Kimba had been deserted by his family, who left him behind when they moved (their loss, my gain). Mac had just been mostly ignored by his owners, not fed or given water for days at a time. How people can do this is beyond me. Cats are made for love, and it is that simple. They give back 100 times what we give them. Why people mistreat animals is beyond me, they are what keep my heart beating! I am so happy that Stuart and family were rescued and are now safe, healthy, and loved.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!