Thread: Back surgery?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    It isn't what I had done.
    More information here:- http://www.centerforspinecare.com/maverick/
    - http://www.methodisthealthsystem.org...lumbarmaverick

I wish you all the best Phesina!! This surgery gave me a new life! I am so happy with the result!!
    Thank you, Lut! This was extremely interesting. Did you have your work done there in Texas? I'm so glad that your surgery went so well and you are doing so much better!

It looks like the Ann Arbor Spine Center does something similar (see "Total Disc Replacement" on the Orthopedics Animations page), but I guess this particular surgeon doesn't think it would be suitable for me.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Thank you, Lut! This was extremely interesting. Did you have your work done there in Texas? I'm so glad that your surgery went so well and you are doing so much better!
    In Texas??? I live in Belgium , we have good surgeons here too , LOL

ps. Randi is right, Pat, be sure to get a good second opinion! I did that too, I also contacted people who'd got this surgery. Seeing their progress, was a great relief to me! A few months later, I was also contacted by a man who needed to have it done as well. I gave him good advise and I also went to the hospital a few days after his surgery; I did this to show him how good my back was; he told me that my visit made him really believe he would get better too!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    In Texas??? I live in Belgium , we have good surgeons here too , LOL

ps. Randi is right, Pat, be sure to get a good second opinion! I did that too, I also contacted people who'd got this surgery. Seeing their progress, was a great relief to me! A few months later, I was also contacted by a man who needed to have it done as well. I gave him good advise and I also went to the hospital a few days after his surgery; I did this to show him how good my back was; he told me that my visit made him really believe he would get better too!
    Thanks, Lut.

I know you live in Belgium! I was so surprised when the site links you gave me went to this place in Texas. I wondered, you went all the way to Texas to get this done? When ever would this have been, because in all the time I've known you here, I've never seen any mention of a trip to Texas.

I'm sure you had a fine surgeon there in Belgium . His clinic or hospital doesn't have a web site telling about it?

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Thanks, Lut.

I know you live in Belgium! I was so surprised when the site links you gave me went to this place in Texas. I wondered, you went all the way to Texas to get this done? When ever would this have been, because in all the time I've known you here, I've never seen any mention of a trip to Texas.

I'm sure you had a fine surgeon there in Belgium . His clinic or hospital doesn't have a web site telling about it?

That's weird.....! I had it done here in Belgium, in Ghent !
    I added this link which I found in Google; maybe that is the reason, because the article was from a clinic in Texas??
    I don't know if my surgeon has a website, but I will look for that and add that link here too then!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge