Thread: NEW YORK CITY: SAFE!!!!! re: CH kitty TO DIE MONDAY 4/7 unless IMMEDIATE RESCUE

NEW YORK CITY: SAFE!!!!! re: CH kitty TO DIE MONDAY 4/7 unless IMMEDIATE RESCUE

UPDATE! SAFE! NYC CH KITTY SAFE!!!!

----------------
    Manhattan Center NYC......
    Cerebellar Hypoplasia Orange and White Stripe Female dies tomorrow!
    Rescue! Foster or Adopter needed ASAP!!!! DIES TOMORROW April 7

Name:  NYC_DIES_MONDAY_CH_KITTY.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  24.6 KB

Contact the NYC ACC at (212) 788-4000 for further automated instructions.
    FACEBOOK LINK: https://www.facebook.com/PetsOnDeath...type=1&theater

TO BE DESTROYED 4/7/14
    Manhattan Center

My name is GINGER. My Animal ID # is A0995385.
    I am a female crm tabby and white domestic sh mix. The shelter thinks I am about 7 MONTHS old....

I came in the shelter as a STRAY on 04/01/2014 from NY 11226, owner surrender reason stated was STRAY.

MOST RECENT MEDICAL INFORMATION AND WEIGHT
    04/05/2014 Exam Type OBSERVATION - Medical Rating is 4 NC - SEVERE CONDITIONS NOT CONTAGIOUS, Behavior Rating is NONE, Weight 6.6 LBS.

urine and feces found in cage. looks normal

04/01/2014 PET PROFILE MEMO
    04/01/14 12:15 CAT INFORMATION SHEET Where did this cat come from? Stray – Outside If this cat is a stray, did you bring him in a: Cat Carrier Does this cat have a microchip? No Animal’s Name: Ginger WHY ARE YOU BRINGING THIS CAT IN? Stray PEOPLE Is as stray – is friendly with most people PERSONALITY Loves to play Enjoys Petting Uses a scratch post Loves to cuddle and be picked up HABITS Eats dry food

WEB MEMO
    No Web Memo

04/05/2014 BEHAVIOR EVALUATION - NH ONLY
    Exam Type BEHAVIOR
    Reaction to assessor: Ginger approaches the front soliciting in her cage. Reaction to door opening: Ginger remains at the front of the cage, neutral, soliciting attention. Reaction to touch: Ginger allows the stroke, but randomly hisses and growls and seems frustrated. Placement determination: NH ONLY Ginger is displaying behaviors that preclude placement in the adoptions room. She is stressed in the shelter environment and does not currently tolerate petting. The behavior department feels that placement with a New Hope Partner is the best option at this time.

04/01/2014 INITIAL PHYSICAL EXAM
    Medical rating was 1 - NORMAL , behavior rating was NONE
    scan negative ear mite negative flea comb negative- treated with advantage female- shaved for spay scar-none seen due to aggression tranq with .1cc of telazol

04/05/2014 RE-EXAM (LAST MAJOR EXAM)
    Medical rating 4 NC - SEVERE CONDITIONS NOT CONTAGIOUS,
    scan negative ear mite negative flea comb negative- treated with advantage female- shaved for spay scar-none seen due to aggression tranq with .1cc of telazol on 4/1/14 reported neuro today Hisses while restrain Appearance: BAR Mod dehydration Integument: Appropriate hair coat, normal nails, EENT: OU clear, AU clean, No nasal d/c, Oral cavity: MM pink, CRT <2sec, Healthy dentition, PLN: WNL H/L: No murmur or arrhythmias, Lungs clear ABD: Soft mild painful, distended abd, full bladder easy to express, large amt of feces in the colon and rectum, U/G: Female intact M/S: Amb x 4, , stiff on rear legs when walks BCS: 5/9 Neuro: wabbles when walks A: Wabbles when walk r/o nerves inflammation Abd distended and painful, Constipated Dehydration P: Mild sedation w/ TTDex 0.05ml IM @ 10:25am reverse w/ Antesedan 0.03ml IM LRS100ml SQ SID 5 days Buprenex 0.3ml SQ BID 7 days Bladder expressed and empty rectum

http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=NWYK.A0995385

ALL LOCATIONS:
    For more information on adopting from the NYC AC&C, or to find a rescue to assist, please read the following:http://urgentpetsondeathrow.org/must-read/

For more information on a particular cat, email [email protected] but ONLY if serious about adopting, and ONLY if you are able to GO TO the shelter in-person. Please do not email for status updates... the only thing you will accomplish is spamming their in boxes and causing REAL adopter emails to go unnoticed.

Contact the NYC ACC at (212) 788-4000 for further automated instructions.
    Last edited by phesina; 04-07-2014 at 04:25 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I GOT THE E-MAIL THIS MORNING FROM DEB WITH THE WONDERFUL NEWS: SHE'S SAFE!!!!!

I don't know any more than this, but my cats and I are all doing the Happy Dance!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery