Thread: Gifts for other pets

Gifts for other pets

Does anyone here buy Christmas gifts for other people's pets? I bought a bag of cat treats for one of my friend's cats. For my other friend I bought her golden retriever puppy a sqeaky toy and I bought her cat one of those stockings that has all the different types of cat toys in it. Last night she told me all the people's pets she needs to buy for, and I think the list of pets is longer than the list of humans she needs to buy for!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I bought a rawhide bone shaped like a candy cane for my friends dog. That's the only pet gift I got this year, with the exception of my own of course.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Well, let's see. I can't 'tell all' since I know my mom and sister are lurking about, but, suffice it to say, my trunk is LOADED with gifts for people's pets. I can't store the gifts in my house, of course, cause of my bad babies. I got my sister's dogs and cats gifts, my mom's cats gifts, my sister's birds gifts, and my cat's gifts...set me back about 100 or so...sheesh!!!

I bought two really cute stockings and filled them up with cat toys I've been buying since August for my boyfriend's cat and for his parent's cat. I bought a REALLY cute pink sweater and sparkly rhinestone collar for one of my friend's dogs. I'm going to make a lot of home-made dog and cat treats and wrap them up in little baggies and hand them out at work to people who adopt from us.

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I can't store the gifts in my house, of course, cause of my bad babies.
    Hehe, Shiloh keeps getting into the presents I bought the other kitties. One morning I woke up, and she had knocked the stockings off the top of the refridgerator and spilled the contents across the floor and into the living room. Reece also got into these bones I got for my friend's dog for her bday.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'm buying Molly (the dog I'm hopeing to rescue) some dog treats and I'm buying her a new collar, he one right now is stupid. I'm buying Sadie May (a very good doggie friend of mine) some treats and I'm buying her a fun toy. I am buying Hunny, my sisters dog bones and other things and I'm buying my mom's dog some things.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Yep. I'm Auntie Tiff to my friend's black Lab, Puddin' I buy for her and for my future sister-in-law's puppy, Shelby.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

I picked up something for a friends dog. Yesterday I went shopping and by the time I ended up at Wally-Mart I didn't care what I bought! I threw things it in the cart! Also got toys and treats for the shelter. When I got in the door last night Buddy and Abby practically ripped the bags away! They will get lots of stuff thats for sure. (they need it as Abby chewed everything up).

Last night was the first time Abby has brought us something to throw for her! Usually she lets Buddy run for it and she will then try to get it from him. Its nice to see her finally playing with toys on her own.

My mom has 2 kitties, and I buy them a little something for Xmas, like some catnip mice. I also have to buy presents for my "grand-ratties" - YLL has already thoughtfully provided a list (of demands, ha ha)!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Oh Yes!

We got our nephew & his wife's dogs a gift bag full of treats & toys!
    Here is the bag of toys!

I swear, I've never seen a happier dog in my life! First he had to stick his nose all the way down to the bottom of the bag, knock it over & take everything out! So his mom openend the bag of treats & he took one, but what he really wanted was the toys! Can you belive that?! He was like a kid at christmas, running around, picking up one toy then the other! At one time I think he had 3 toys in his mouth at the same time Does it look like this boy would act like that?!

He's just a big 8 yr old baby

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I will have to buy something for my parent's dog. And I know my cats will get gifts from their grandparents too

ooohh..anna_66 where did you get that doggy gift bag...and if I may be nosey..how much was it? Also, is that a red doggy bed in there or were those toys I saw? I haven't finished all my shopping for the furry creatures and that looks like a great gift for my lab neice, Puddin.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

Actually, I got it at Wal-Mart & it was only $10! I think there are about 10 squeaky toys in there (sorry, no bed )

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets