Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2014

Mlb 2014

It's that time of year again.

The trucks have headed home to their stadii from spring training locales, and Opening day came in with a strange feeling, because the true Opening Day for America's pastime was in Australia? Huh?

In fine form, the Red Sox lost their opener to an AL East rival. I know the Red Sox have been successful the last few years, and they have a good team again, but as I'm a long suffering Red Sox fan, the thoughts of "Ah, well, wait until next year" are already coming to the fore.

(Oops, I know why they lost, Wally wasn't watching the game!!!!!)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Annnnnnd... it's the first day of the 2014 season, and the Cubs have already lost. (sigh) Please, Cubs, I don't want to go through another heartbreaking season.

On the other side of town ... It's the first day of the 2014 season! The weather cooperated for Opening Day, and the White Sox won Keep it up, Sox!
    Baseball is returning to Chicago! Yay!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sad to see that Don Baylor broke his femur catching the first pitch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/angels-...070234256.html

He's always been a class act, I'm sure he'll be back. Get well soon, Don.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Sad to see that Don Baylor broke his femur catching the first pitch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/angels-...070234256.html

He's always been a class act, I'm sure he'll be back. Get well soon, Don.
    Yowch!

I will forgive the Red Sox this first loss if they win the home opener ...

(who am I kidding, born and bred a Sox fan, we are an eternally forgiving (just cranky about it, sometimes) bunch ....)
    I've Been Frosted

Opening day 2014 at Wrigley Field! And ... the Cubs lost.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Opening day 2014 at Wrigley Field! And ... the Cubs lost.
    Yeah, the Red Sox lost today, too - it was tied most of the game, this year's closing pitchers will have to do better as the season moves on!
    I've Been Frosted

Time to play ball........

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Time to play ball........
    I don't think the Cubs have quite gotten that message yet

A quick note to new followers of the game (particularly the Diamondbacks fans) and the writers at ESPN:

It's barely a week into a 162 game season.

The Diamondbacks are not allowed to panic despite a 1-7 start. That right is reserved for the fans of the Cubs and the Red Sox

Where's a "like" button when you need one? "Only the Cubs and Red Sox fans are allowed to panic"...LOL!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

How dumb is Mr. Pineda?

First he gets ticketed for speeding at 90+ MPH then gets another ticket minutes later for 100+ mph.

Then a DUI

Then, after getting caught with pine tar on his hand in his last start for the Yankees against the Red Sox, he goes out last night and puts it on his neck in plain sight.

Sounds like a player who belongs in a glass box with a hammer outside that says" Break 5 minutes before gametime

The Red Sox need the pep talk from Major League II:

OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

500 IN the division is fine. 500 against the rest of the league will get them in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The Red Sox need the pep talk from Major League II:

OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

500 IN the division is fine. 500 against the rest of the league will get them in trouble.
    That always amuses me - hey two of something - wins or losses - happens, let's call it a streak or a trend or a slide ... way to hype everything, folks!
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, just putting this out there - if the Red Sox were gonna have a 9-game losing streak, I am glad it is happening in May, and maybe we can avoid one happening in September/ And yes, I do think 9 games does justify the term streak. I was disappointed they lost tonight's game in 15 innings. Close doesn't count, folks.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    That always amuses me - hey two of something - wins or losses - happens, let's call it a streak or a trend or a slide ... way to hype everything, folks!
    The statistics and terminology they come up with in baseball ALWAYS amuses me... My dad and I make up our own statistics "Adam Wainwright has a 12-2 record of throwing strikes against left handed batters who are wearing red socks and orange helmets". I mean, some of these things are ridiculous haha.

facebook