Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I would like to thank you all I advance for any suggestions or advice you can give. I have a 7 year old male mix rotty/ Shepard and a 9 year old female poodle. Despite a size difference of about 80 lbs they get a long great and are the best of pals. They are both fixed. On Friday my son adopted a female Husky from the humane society. They estimate her age to be about 2 years old. She is small in stature as far as Huskies go but she also recently had a litter and is very, very skinny from nursing. We are feeding her apart from the other dogs with a special food with added nutrients. Apparently after the pups were weaned she was dumped! While at the humane society they spayed her. I imagine with the birth of puppies and being spayed all so recently that she is probably very hormonal still. The problem we are having is her behavior with our poodle. She attacked her yesterday over a piece of food that one of the kids dropped and now my poodle is terrified of her and hides out in our room all day. She also got into it with my rotty mix although he could easily take her if he wanted to. Today thankfully there were no fights but as soon as she sees my poodle she goes into this bully mode and chases her down the hallway until the poodle retreats back into the room. She does this as well if either of the dogs go near the water bowl, she immediately jumps up and tries to run then off. She also shows her teeth and snarls at my rotty occasionally but that seems to be getting better since we have been walking them together. I am so afraid that she will attack my poodle for real and really hurt her plus, I feel bad that she has to hide out in the bedroom when before she was such a active part of the family.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice they can offer?

Thank you!

Jonica F.