Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YODEE - Unknown to March 18, 2014

YODEE - Unknown to March 18, 2014

We don't know her exact history, just that her previous hooman dumped her off at the vets for euthanization after finding out that she was hyperthyroid. Her loss was my gain, at least for 7 months. When I adopted her, I was told she was 17.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130704_102928.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	57924
    This is when I first saw her in the shelter - in a cage all by herself because she hated other animals. It just didn't seem right to leave her there.
    When she came home I kept her in the spare bedroom for the first few days. She would not come out of the little house on the cat tree.
    For the first 3-4 months we struggled with her skin condition. Poor girl was shuffled to two different vets and finally it was determined that nothing could be done, that it was environmental. I'm still not sure about that but given her age, I was not going to consider allergy testing.

Name:	20131127_215519.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	57925
    It's hard to see, but she loved her basket in front of the fireplace. This was taken last November, just before I attended Gini's memorial. During the last month or so, she decided that the same basket should become her toilet, so I faithfully lined it with puppy pee pads.

Name:	20140213_120623.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	57926
    I was going to enter her into the Cat-o-lympics for Curling but sadly she refused.

Her passing was very peaceful. Being as feisty as she was I was expecting her to fight the first injection. Instead, she remained calm and wrapped up in my arms in her favourite blanket. Five minutes later she was sent on her way. Stupid me, forgot to light a candle but somehow I just know she found her way, thanks to Phred, Gini and all the other fur angels.

Oh yes, my printer is toast. Somehow, and before I covered everything up, she peed on my printer and it leaked down in to the cartridges. Big deal. I can buy another one but there will never be another Yodee.

Sweetie, I only had you for 7 months but I hope you finally felt the love and comfort that you so very much deserved. Meowmie loves you very much and I will see you when I get there some day.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh, sweet Yodee of the mist-grey fur
    Mournful eyes that spoke to meowmie's heart right through the bars
    Your presence, though slight
    Was somehow enough
    To heal her sad heart, and you
    Yodee dear, will be forever loved
    And when the morning fog settles over the land
    We will think of you
    And know you are blessing us in return
    I've Been Frosted

Hugz to you Slick. I know how hard Hyperthyroidism is to treat. Yodee, all is healed at the Bridge. Play on and look in on your mommy, Slick.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Dear Vickie, God bless you and bring you comfort. You and Yodee are sharing a precious eternal love. What a wonderful, beautiful time you have had together and will always have even if it takes a different form now.

{{{HUGS}}} to you and deep thanks for bringing this lovely girl home after she'd been written off by her previous owner, and you two loving each other so very much.

Yodee, you are free of pain now, whole and healthy, exploring the Rainbow Bridge country and meeting up with so very many dear friends. I bet you and Merlin are already the best of friends, sharing notes and experiences!

Dearest Yodee, please send some purrs down into the heart of your beloved and loving Vickie, to remind her that you and she are together always and will be reunited, that One Fine Day...

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yodee was dumped, but then taken home by you and given a wonderful, loved life - I mean, there she is stretched out in front of her own fireplace! How lucky can one kitty get?

She was loved by you, she was LOVED. I hope in the midst of your heartbreak that you know you gave her a wonderful home, heaven on earth to sweet Yodee.

Bless you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Slick,

Sending you a huge hug across the miles.

I am sure you would have rather had your slippers peed on?

I had another shoe story that I wrote up today and I hope it will make you laugh, It's in the Dog General section.

----------------

What is it with cats and fireplaces?

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Slick ~ I'm so sorry. Bless you for taking her in.
    From the photos, it's obvious how loved she was -- and she knew it.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Slick I am so sorry for your loss of Yodee and so grateful for your never-ending ability to give so much love to her knowing your time together would be short. Your photos tell the story so well - Yodee was truly cherished and her happiness shines. What a little beauty she was.

Sleep sweetly Yodee and come visit mommy often. Hugs, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Dear precious Yodee, I am so glad you got to be a Pet Talk kitty! I got to know you through your wonderful Meowmie Slick. I will meet you in heaven, One Fine Day. xoxoxoxoxoxo and big, big HUGS ((((HUGS))), Slick.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Godspeed, Yodee and hugs to you, Slick. Thank you for opening up your heart and home to a senior kitty. You filled her last months with love and care.....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Slick, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for opening yourself up and giving Yodee the home and love she deserved.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am so sorry for your loss- but on the other hand I am so glad Yodee could spent the end of her life in your wonderful home with all the love you had to give.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    "I'm Sorry" is so cliche, but in times like this, it really does convey the feelings we all have. So yes - I'm so very sorry for your loss of Yodee. She was one lucky girl tho, to have your love and care as she was approaching the end of her road. No matter how much or how little time we have with our beloved furkids, it leaves such emptiness when they depart for RB.

Sleep softly Yodee, and peace to your Meowmee. You will be reunited on the other side - One Fine Day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Slick, I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you took her in, so she could have 7 good months with love and care. She couldn't have found a better mom.

Rest easy, sweet Yodee and send your mom a sign that you arrived safely to the RB. You will have good company there.

Love and big (((hugs))) to you, Slick.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

God Bless you Vickie for giving Yodee those months of love. Yodee is with Max and Spreckles Angels now and they are showing her all their favorite restaurants and hotel , and making sure that she is acclimated to Angel Hood,
    They will all be there to meet and Thank You with all our Awesome Angels when you meet again.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS