Thread: I obviously have "sucker" written on my forehead.

Hybrid View

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    No - you're not a sucker at all. And even if you were, there are a whole lot of us out there that are in that same sucker category.

After I lost Myndi who was almost 18, and Sparky who was almost 14, exactly 10 months apart, I vowed that I was done being a pet mom. I lost many in the 50 years that I had at least one furkid, and more often than not, multiples of them at one time. I had been thru enough heartache every time that one had to leave for RB, and I felt I was getting too old for any more heartache. Then along came Wolfy, who I am convinced was picked out for me by Myndi and Sparky, because now I had no more little Fuzzbuttz in my life and they didn't want me to be alone. My heart was too empty and my house was too quiet and empty as well. So exactly 5 weeks after Myndi's passing, Wolfy came to make his furever home with me. I thank those 2 little fur angels every day, for looking out for me and pointing me in Wolfy's direction, and telling me that they didn't want me to be sad and lonely and to go get him and give him a new home.

Is that being a sucker - I think not!

Do what you feel is right and what your heart whispers to you, and know that Alice most likely had a hand in this chance meeting. And as Sandie said - remember that Maggie is Maggie and can never be Alice.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Of course they can never replace the one you lost. But they do help fill the hole in your heart a little. It gives you something to direct your energy and heart on.
    If it's working out so well, I say you are a foster failure. I agree with pomtzu that Alice more than likely brought Maggie to you.
    She is adorable!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a face! And she is fitting in so nicely ...

(I am feeling a nose bonk from Alice in that not-so-subtle way ...)
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, that face, that sweet dear little face.

Name:  1920193_10152681054279428_1333933468_n.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  69.9 KB
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Go for it! She is so cute and you said she fits in. I'm sure you can love the new one Maggie while also loving your RB Alice. I am also one who said I was not going to get another dog when my Honey died. Things weren't right without a dog so I got LilGirl about 3 weeks later and have never regretted it.

Oh, i think Alice definitely had a part in this. Kiki needs a companion, Maggie needs a home. What's not to like?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    What a sweet, cute, looking pup. Those eyes, & that face. Looks like a keeper to me.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom