Thread: puppies, puppies, puppies!!!!

puppies, puppies, puppies!!!!

My sweet little baby girl Keely isn't a baby anymore!!! Shes gonna have PUPPIES!!!! She is going to have black lab pups! I can't wait but I am very nervous! I have about 62 days to research delivering puppys but I would like a few tips! What if we have to cut the baby out of its little bubble thing? see how little I know about this? I talked to a women who bred great danes and she said sometimes you have to help the mother if they are coming really fast! HELP!!!!

Congratulations, and take a deep breath! You've got a little time to fuss and worry, not to mention talk with your vet! But how exciting!

Lindsay! You know you could have just talked to me about it! Nikki WAS a puppy when she had puppies! Just 10 months old! But thats how we got her! Pregnant! Anyway, the mom eats everything, the sacs, the poop, the embilical cords, etc. You dont have to do anything unless there is 2 hours between puppies. Then you call the vet and ask them what to do. We almost had to do that. Also remember to get a REALLY big welping box. Also, dont let Keely sit on the puppies. There is A LOT more yo ushould know so talk to the vet. And call me cause I have a lot more to tell you about pregnant moms and I am getting tired of typing! Wouldnt it have been cool if Nikki and Keely had puppies at the same time? Oh well, too late! Nikki is fixed now! I bet Chief is happy! Call me when you get home! BFF! LYLAS!

Good luck with the puppies! And be prepared for lots of cuteness and puppy poop!

I think you might like this after the puppies all have good homes and are housetrained and don't need to chew so much

Top 10 Reasons To Breed Dogs...
    10. Thought the house was too orderly
    9. Never did like having a full nights sleep
    8. Wanted my Vet to get a new BMW
    7. Thought the furniture looked too nice
    6. Love the sounds of puppies in the morning, noon, afternoon, evening, midnight, pre-dawn, etc.
    5. Garden and backyard needed renovations, and didn't want
    to pay a gardener.
    4. Neighbors didn't complain enough
    3. Kids weren't enough of a challenge
    2. If you can train & show one dog, why not ten
    1. Wanted to see if spouse really meant those vows

[This message has been edited by Rottie (edited January 29, 2001).]

Ya know what makes a great welping box... a kiddy pool. they are easy to clean,safe, and its easy for the mothers to get in. But it doen't last for ever because when the pups get old enough they can climb out. but we just added on chicken wire around it.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN

I am sooooo excited for you Lindsay!!! I don't know much about what to do but just remember if you ever need help with the puppies you can call me and I'm sure Erika feels the same way! The only thing is don't ask me to help when she is having them because more than likly I'll pass out!!!!!!! Of course you know that!!!! Sorry but that's one thing I can't do!!!!!!! But I'll be happy to help you once the blood is gone!!!!!!! I have some experiance from Nikki's puppies!!!!!!!!!

From one lab-o-phile to another....yipeeeee! Me and Star, my yellow lab, wish you all the best as you head toward motherhood!!! Hope we can see some pics as she progresses onward..AND OUTWARD! Give your labby mom-to-be a big kiss! Sorry. Never had a mom with pups so I'm not much help there. I'm sure your vet, all the knowing people here, and books will help you become a pro in no time!

thanks for all of the advice, keep it coming! I really liked the top ten reasons to breed dogs! it was cute!

and those ten reasons were absolutely right! I know this from lots of experience! LOL!