Thread: Emma and Annie have arrived!

Hybrid View

Here they are last night; I gave both of them lots of treats since I had to take their food away when I left for the evening.

Snakemama, are they having their teeth extracted today? I was just wondering if there would be an opportunity to raise the funds before they have the procedure. If not ... well, I have not contributed to the Annie and Emma fund yet, so this would be a good opportunity !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

They are having them done today. The original estimate before the dental x-rays revealed all the hidden lesions was much smaller! I'll keep everyone posted, and I will start a new thread once they're home recovering.

Annie is all done and waking up, and Emma is going under now!!

I know all about FORL - Oscar has lost about 10 teeth to it. After he woke from surgery and was on painkillers I swear he slept for 24 hours straight!

I think you have enough in the fund to make a down payment, right? Hopefully the vet will give you time to raise some more funds!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Okay, we're home and the girls are settled! They got some pretty heavy duty pain meds, so like Catty1 said they are conked out! The vet was a darling and only charged me for six extractions total, even though between them I think they had 17 extractions! 0.0 They both lost three canines, Annie has a top one left and Emma has a bottom one. They also got microchipped, and Annie will be on some clavamox for the next two weeks. They're be re-checked in two weeks to make sure they're all healed up and hopefully by then I'll have a home with a soft bed lined up for them!

It came to $2,074.76 for both of them plus $15.55 for some nice soft food, so we're -979.16 at the moment. I put the balance on my credit card and I was a little vague with the hubby about how big the discrepancy was, LoL. I'll start a new thread now, then I'm going to fall asleep 'cause I've been up since 6am for their early-morning drop off! ^_^

WOW! That vet has been great to you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda