Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT prayers needed for me too.

PT prayers needed for me too.

For the first time since I've been living in this house, I am frightened. Not by any people but by this weather and my health. I have been battling a cold since the weekend after Christmas. Because of the storms, and holidays, I have not been able to go anywhere. Plus, the bus only runs 3 days a week. So I have no medicine other than allergy medicine and asprin to take for it.

Today, I just got my front sidewalk cleaned off so I can access the street. The guy who used to shovel it for me has quit on me. I had to wait until I could feel up to doing it. I really had no business being out there but sometimes you just got to do things even coughing your head off and stove up with arthritis. We now have another major storm moving in. We are under major storm warnings from 6 tonight to 6 in the morning. We will get between 2 and 6 inches more snow.

What really frightens me is the warning that just came out. Starting Sunday night we are under wind chill warnings. Our actual temps will be 0 to -10. The wind chill will be -30 below.

If our power goes out, I have no heat. No family or friends near by. The cat's are stocked up for now but if I don't get out next week, they will run low on food. (I did order some food on line for them but it won't be sent until next week or get here until the 14th. On the only 3 days the bus will run: we will have the wind chill problem on Monday, freezing drizzle on Wed and Friday.

I already need some cough med and kleenex and a prescription filled that will just have to wait. Thankfully it's not my bloodpressure med.

I believe prayers are the only way out of this situation. Please pray for me and my cats and that our power stays on and the storms pass. And maybe spare an extra one for the two outdoor kitties I feed. They have to stay outside though all that because they are wild.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

You got it, prayers from RI!

Living alone is HARD, and I get worried sometimes too, particularly when I am ill.

Here in RI, we have a listing to get on, for single folks, elderly, and people with a chronic illness. This recent snow storm, they organized folks to volunteer to shovel out the folks on the list (I have a self propelled snow blower, so I didn't need help w/ that).

Hang in there. I suspect this cold you have is really making you feel awful; perhaps time to see a doctor? At least, try to get some more meds!

As for the outdoor kitties, as long as you can keep leaving food in a sheltered area for them, they will work things out. It is not what we wish for them, but they are survivors!

Connie, you have our prayers too. That your power stays on, that you get over this cold, that the storms and temperature extremes pass without causing great trouble, that you and the cats remain well and safe and warm.

God bless, and love ,
    from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I will keep you & the kitty gang in my prayers for sure. They have been saying that this snow is mostly the light
    fluffy type as opposed to the heavier wet snow that weighs down power lines. Lets hope that's true. If you ever
    feel really sick yourself, don't hesitate to call for an ambulance. Hopefully the cat food supply will tide you ever until
    you can shop again. Would cab fare be to expensive to get to the store & back?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Prayers on the way for you and the kitties, that you all manage to stay warm, and fed - keep yourself well hydrated, breathe steam as much as possible to help fight that cold. In our prayers for certain, stay careful.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Connie! Prayers that the storm will pass with no ill effects and you all will be warm and safe.

Your brother may not be near by but maybe let him know about the coming storm so he can call you and check on you.

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I will keep you & the kitty gang in my prayers for sure. They have been saying that this snow is mostly the light
    fluffy type as opposed to the heavier wet snow that weighs down power lines. Lets hope that's true. If you ever
    feel really sick yourself, don't hesitate to call for an ambulance. Hopefully the cat food supply will tide you ever until
    you can shop again. Would cab fare be to expensive to get to the store & back?
    We have no cabs. That's part of the problem. If you don't drive or have someone who can take you, the only way to go anywhere in our town is by the bus. It only runs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:30am to 5 pm. It will run on Tues and Thursdays by appointments only but only to take people to work or to the dr. You need to tell them a day in advance though.

Funny thing, I just went to the dr on the 26th and was fine. Then two days later the sneezing and rest started. I suspect if I was feeling better, I might not be so freaked out now. But then again, I might be.

Thanks everyone for the prayers. It's helps no to feel so alone.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Prayers for you and your kittys. I also live alone with a houseful of furkids and fish and this really cold weather and storms make me very scared.
    I worry most about losing power.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Prayers for you and your kittys. I also live alone with a houseful of furkids and fish and this really cold weather and storms make me very scared.
    I worry most about losing power.

I also live with just two dogs & a cat. Losing power is my biggest fear right now too. Maybe if we all just keep checking in
    here till this storm clears out (sometime next week) we can cheer each other up. It does help to know there are others in the
    same boat at least.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and the kitties.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I also live with just two dogs & a cat. Losing power is my biggest fear right now too. Maybe if we all just keep checking in
    here till this storm clears out (sometime next week) we can cheer each other up. It does help to know there are others in the
    same boat at least.
    Good idea Liz. At least we're getting a breather between the storms where I am. Still, you know it's coming.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

MOFF - is there a town department that keeps an eye on people that might be stranded in a storm? Or some kind of agency?

Sending more hugs and prayers.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries
    In our prayers for sure! Not an easy time for you and your pets, hope you feel better so soon! Keep the faith

Prayers for you MOFF. I'll call you tomorrow and see if you are OK.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am so sorry to read about you predicament. That is very scary to face alone. If I was in your town or closer I would shovel for you or something. I will be thinking of you