Thread: Okay - a Winter experiment and a bit of a rant!

Hybrid View

I remember seeing this and wondered how they got the balloons to be as big as they were. Garden hose attached to sink = more water pressure?

Bring 'em up here - they'd freeze in about 5 minutes today, I swear!

Looking forward to seeing results.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I don't think I would've tried this experiment, I'm not very good at doing stuff like that anyway. Let us know if it finally freezes and words, then you can send us a picture, good luck Karen.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Took the balloon off today, but as it was above freezing, there was some melting, that got on our hands - stuck in in the freezer - tomorrow's gonna be warm out, but when the tempos go back below freezing Tuesday, I'll take a picture during the day!
    I've Been Frosted

This sounds like something I'd do LOL There are plenty of DIY projects involving fish tanks that ARE SO TIME CONSUMING and FRUSTRATING and plain just not work. LOL I have never tried this but now I don't think I will. Does it at least look pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    This sounds like something I'd do LOL There are plenty of DIY projects involving fish tanks that ARE SO TIME CONSUMING and FRUSTRATING and plain just not work. LOL I have never tried this but now I don't think I will. Does it at least look pretty?
    I'll take a picture of it Tuesday, when it'll be well below freezing again and I can take one out side! It looks interesting, at any rate!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Karen ~ Good luck!
    I once spent a week making ice luminaries to line our driveway for our annual Christmas party. Bobcat laughed at me the whole time.
    They looked great. This isn't our photo, but they turned out something like this:

The night before the party, I took them out of our deep freeze and set them out on the deck. Figured they'd be safe, after all it was December in Alaska, right?
    Around midnight, a Chinook (warm winter wind) came down from the mountains. Bobcat felt bad about laughing at me when we awoke to find them melted down to nothing.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Karen ~ Good luck!
    I once spent a week making ice luminaries to line our driveway for our annual Christmas party. Bobcat laughed at me the whole time.
    They looked great. This isn't our photo, but they turned out something like this:

The night before the party, I took them out of our deep freeze and set them out on the deck. Figured they'd be safe, after all it was December in Alaska, right?
    Around midnight, a Chinook (warm winter wind) came down from the mountains. Bobcat felt bad about laughing at me when we awoke to find them melted down to nothing.
    Aww, well, those look lovely, and I sure yours were every bit as pretty! I, being a born and bred New Englander, I am well accustomed to not being able to count of the weather remain any particular way for long! But I imagine you were quite surprised!
    I've Been Frosted