Just put the Edster on cosequin (the cartlige supplement) and I have to say, that stuff really works!!!!!

--------------------

We took a trip to the West Coast and took the pets with us - Tuck and Ed are pretty good travelers and great sports about traveling via car.

Ed climbs into his carrier and sleeps most of the time - his favorite thing to do is to explore the rooms when we stop for the evening.

When we got to CA, we unpacked and settled in for the night - the Edster get's his food put up - out of reach of the dog, so he has to climb or jump up to get something to eat......

The next morning, Ed was limping about. It seems like his back leg was hurt.
Sometime during the night, he hurt his leg. How? we really didn't know but it was bad enough that he didn't want to move around.

Ed was supposed to go to Kitty Daycare that day, but I was worried about him being hurt and left overnight there so I made an appointment with a doc at the pet resort we use and waited.

------------------

The folloowing day we made it to the appointment and took him into the clinic.

We let him out of his carrier and he limped about the exam room, It didn't seem like his leg was broken, but just to be sure.........

The doc came in and we explained what was the matter with him, then the doc began to do his work-up.

Soon, it was evident that the Edster didn't want to have anything to do with this...he was a little vocal and wanting to snap at the doc.

The vet got on the phone and called in an assistant to help out.

A few seconds later, the assistant shows up and the fun begins.

-----------------

They draped a towel over Ed and the doc began to manipulate his leg.

Ed begins to squirm and make noises that I have never heard him make in all the time I have owned him.....Growls, moans and screeching are coming out from under the cloth and I am kinda freaked out and a little amused - all at the same time!

As the doc goes on, I notice a puddle begin under his rear end to my chagrin, see that the cat is voiding right there on the table.

The doc, doesn't miss a beat. He takes a syringe and grabs a bit of the urine, in case we need/want a workup - based what he finds.

He then tell us that there in no break in the leg, that it probably is a soft tissue injury.

As he describes to us a course of treatment, Ed is still under the towel. The Vet gives him a nice massage and Ed, ever vocal, squirms and makes it known that he isn't a fan of this treatment.

--------------------

A few seconds later, Ed has squirmed around to a new position on the table and, as we watch, a small turd rolls out from under the towel.

-----------------

At this point I am mortified, doris is laughing, Ed is still fighting and the doc says something like, "I guess that is what he thinks about this whole incident....".

The Vet grabs up the turd and removes it from the table.......

---------------

After I gathered my wits about me, and thanked god that it wasn't anything more serious, we left the clinic. When we got back, I noticed that Ed wasn't as chipper as he was before, so I got some cosequin - Just like the doc suggested - and boy, what a change!

He's more mobile than he was before and is back to jumping up and down off of the sofa/bed.

I really had doubts as to the effectiveness of this stuff, but I have to say that it really works.

Now, If I can find out how to get the cat to void on command? I don't have to worry about a cat box anymore!