Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar at the vet this morning - good update #20

Oscar at the vet this morning - good update #20

A few months ago Oscar developed a wart-like growth under his chin. I took him to my vet; her gut feeling was that it was nothing.

Oscar grew two more of them. Long story short, he is getting the general anesthetic and having all 3 removed, along with a small tag found under his armpit. I added the basic blood panel; it's been almost two years since his geriatric one.

We'll get the results next Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully they are all benign.

We could have gone with sedation, freezing and removing one - but might have had to do the general and remove them all in the future. I figure this is the least expensive and best way to go.

I'll have my dozy boy home after 3 pm. Would appreciate good thoughts and prayers. Thanks!
    Last edited by Catty1; 12-16-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We are all sending along our prayers and good wishes and healing energies for dear Oscar.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Good wishes and healing prayers on the way to Oscar.

Blessings for Oscar, that he come home safe and sound and on the road to improved health situation.

Hope they are all nothing, and he'll be fine!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, I am glad I was paying down my credit card!

All lumps were removed and sent away. His blood panel was perfect. The vet checked his teeth during the surgery and the old FORL (feline ododontal resorption lesion) had come back on one tooth. The roots were already gone and the crown was broken in half and full of holes. That would have been very painful. However, it was an easy removal with the roots missing. Oscar will be sharing Cole's Metacam for several days, he'll be on antibiotics for 10 days, and the stitches from the growths will come out in 10 - 14 days.

I hope the growths are nothing. I really do.

However, my green-eyed boy will be more comfy now with that tooth removed. Wet food for the next few days, which he loves.

Thank you so much for all the well-wishes.

Dear Oscar -- and Cole and Zoe too , HUGS and KISSES for sweet tabby cat boy, kitty brother and little sister! Big prayers for you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Glad Oscar came thru it just fine.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Good news that the surgery went through all right. Continuing good wishes and prayers for you, Oscar, and for your family too!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Just seeing this, glad he is back home with you,

Prayers from RI for good lab results. I hate the waiting bit!

Glad he made it through and I hope the lab results show it's nothing to worry about!

Thanks, everyone. I think I am in some kind of denial - that the growths won't be anything. I mean, nothing could happen to Oscar! But we all feel that about our furbabies, until it happens, and then it's a horrid shock.

I just got in and there was a phone message from my mom - she was awake several times during the night thinking about Oscar and how he's doing and what might happen.

I too hope that those growths are just 'old man kitty' things and nothing more.

We are praying along with you, Candace, that "those growths are just 'old man kitty' things and nothing more."

Death thought about it.

Keeping Oscar and you in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I just know those pesky old growths are nothing to worry about. I praying and sending good thoughts Oscar's way, but my motto (I try anyway) is not to worry until I have something to worry about. Oscar will be fine, I just KNOW it!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!