Thread: What's the worst thing your dog has ever "eaten"?

Hybrid View

What's the worst thing your dog has ever "eaten"?

Today's pretty Abbey ate her mom's seatbelt - and I know a certain Newfie mix who once ate the driver's seat of his mom's truck ... I know a Sheltie who attempted to eat a whole plate of rich chocolate brownies (and promptly vomited next to my shoe ...)

What's your dog's most noteworthy chomping?
    I've Been Frosted

Let's see.....

Freckles? The "G" volume of the encyclopedia, and our breakfast one fine morning..... (She was a VERY well read Saint Bernard!)

Lady? 2 pairs of glasses, and a pan of brownies made from scratch.. That pup had an iron stomach.

Angel? A laptop.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

haha!
    Lolli and Buddy have 'eaten' ( or shall we just say destroyed) the wiring on a truck bed and a trailer, a lawnmower seat, several hoses, a Fedex package containing a brand new electric pencil sharpener, countless other packages...and we're not going to even begin to count the times I've fixed their kennel and crate!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

LOL, your question brought a great story to mind, Karen. When we stil lived in OH, we went on a weekend trip & had the pet sitter dropping by daily to take care of Star & Sherman. After we got back, she called and asked about getting payment, which confused me because I had left a check on a table along with the instructions for her before we left. I told her that,and she said when she got to our house, the note was on the floor and there was no check. A few days later, the identity of the check thief became apparent.... Sherman ate it! I was very glad I had left a check and not cash!

Star never ate anything weird, but as a puppy, she got into the food bag & ate almost 5 lbs. of food at once!

Jack likes to eat pencils and pens, and Moo eats everything. The funnniest was a husky-head tug toy. (I wondered where it had gone) She ate the whole thing and horka'd up most of it a couple days later. I kept track of her poop after that and found one looking back at me - the eye of the husky toy was in it!

Isn't owning dogs fun?

Hee hee - my cousin's dog, when I was a kid, ate my Aunt's gold necklace off the coffee table ... so Uncle Al got the delightful task of poking through dog poop until he found it - the dog, a beagle, must not have chewed, as it was undamaged, just, well, um, "fragrant"!
    I've Been Frosted

The story that pops into my mind is when I took our beloved Chloe to be spayed. Of course we followed the vets instructions and made sure she had no food or water before the surgery. When Chloe came to after the surgery she threw up a fully intact sock! The vet saved it to show me and remind me of the dangers of dogs swallowing and chewing on things that they shouldn't.

I've got two problems...

First, My Junior Male Ichabod gets into something, and I just can't figure out what it is. But, when he does, he literally gets looped legged just like the downed a hard liquor drink. But that is NOT the case, it's something he's eaten out in the yard.

Then, all of my guys want to swallow a Bully Stick, when it gets short enough for them to. I have noticed that this has a very negative effect on their consumption of regular food, given that it takes that material quite some time to dissolve in their stomachs. Though I think that the BSticks are good for their teeth, and I have tried to pick up the short pieces before they are swallowed, it's just to hap hazard, and I'm going to stop buying the BSticks.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !