Thanks, Karen, for finding their date of birth and their ages. That is Great news as Mike thinks that they are close to their "age limit". 11 1/2? They are still spring chickens!!

Mike does have vet records, I'll find out the name of the vet she took them to. I called the two closest and she'd only taken Rascal to them. As soon as I post this, I'll send Mike an email.

I think if anyone wants to donate $$, a vet visit and their care would be ideal. Slick, Tonya, Stace and I need to discuss it, but I really feel Cathy's (snakemama) place sounds ideal. She's in a good network of rescuers and the exposure they'd get would be so great! In a rescue, they wouldn't get anything near the exposure. Then add the Pet Finder page and wow, sounds like a perfect solution.

I'm still waiting for answers to my questions from Mike about the girls. I haven't seen them in years - with my illness and poor Gini's, we never could get it together. I've asked him to have his daughter reply, as when they were here for the funeral she was able to gain their trust and bond with them. Which, I think is HUGE considering their world had and turned upside down and included strange visitors in their turf. That is promising!

Here are my questions to Mike:
  • Just basic info…ages, last vet visits, date of birth. etc.

• Do they have ANY health issues?

• How they act around strangers?

• How long does it take to warm up to people (if they do)? [Your daughters and Bill will know this.]

• Are they playful when engaged or if they prefer sleeping/to be left alone?

• If they are gentle or not.

• Where do they sleep (with a person or on their own)?

• If they tend to prefer to be around people or just do their own thing.

• Are they 'lap cats'? (Ask Bill if he saw them on/around Gini often.)

• Are they good about using their litter box regularly?

• Do they try to sneak outside?

• Do they have any exposure to other animals (if so, what types and how did they do?)?

• How are they around kids? (What ages?)

• Could you get a collar on them? (This helps to know if they are open to doing what humans want them to do - and is important if they like to go outside.)

As soon as I get these (long awaited) answers, I'll post them here. Thanks again, everyone. It helps to have someone else shoulder the 'burden' with us.